Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since we have ventured into the land of opinions. How about something a little more benign. In your eyes what is the most visual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    I lean toward the classic in rifles, so bolt action rifles like Montana Rifles' "Wilderness Supreme" or the Cooper Arms Model 22 Varminter are very attractive. Single-shots like the Dakota Arms Model 76 Mannlicher, the Ruger #1 "International" (with which I was delighted), and the Remington Rolling Block (including Remington's Custom Shop rifles, Lone Star Rifles and Pedersoli reproductions) appeal to me.
    As for handguns, the older S&W N-frame and K-frame revolvers (e.g. the Models 27 and 57, the K-22 and K-38 Masterpieces) were excellent choices. In autoloaders, the SIG P210, the Browning Hi-Power and, yes, a decently crafted 1911-type .45 are close to my heart.
    Shotguns? The Belgian Browning over/under shotguns in 12 & 20 gauge, currently manufactured Cesar Guerini O/U in 28 gauge, a Bernadelli S/S in 20 gauge. All are attractive to me. What a Wish List!

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    I think the most visually pleasing rifle is the Weatherby Mark V Deluxe or the Sako 85 Deluxe.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    The Colt 1911-A1 pistol in its military configuration. Skeeter Skelton once called it "Old Ugly," so I guess beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Every year they have a pre-99 (1899) gun show near my home. It features hand carved flintlocks from the 17-1800's. The craftsmanship is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    A high grade Winchester or Remington 700 from the custom shop are easy on the eyes. The Weatherby Mark V Deluxe with nice wood is a classic.
    Shotgun - i like the Browning A-5 and the Weatherby Orion High Grade O/U.
    Handguns for me is the Colt 1911 with some nice grips and the Browning .22lr Challenger Renaissance.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    My choice would be the Browning High Wall for just graceful uncluttered lines.

Leave a comment:

• Since we have ventured into the land of opinions. How about something a little more benign. In your eyes what is the most visual

Since we have ventured into the land of opinions. How about something a little more benign. In your eyes what is the most visually pleasing Rifle, Pistol or shotgun. Choices can be judged by Grace or Ugly Functionality. Please refrain from entering the TV Celebrate of the moment the AR-15

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad