Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since we have ventured into the land of opinions. How about something a little more benign. In your eyes what is the most visual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a wheel gun you can't beat the grace and feel of a S&W Model 19 Combat Magnum. I was fortunate to carry one on duty for my first duty handgun 43 years ago and it is in my gunsafe today.

Comment

I love the classic rifles with a Mannlicher stock in AA, or AAA walnut. As for the action, I think I would prefer an old school Mauser 98 or Win 70.

Comment

Although I agree with Sarge about the S&W Model 19, and have owned three of them at different times over the years, I've always felt that Colt revolvers had a more ergonomic grip than the S&W's.
        The oval cross-section of Colt revolver grips seem to me to provide a more uniform gripping surface and a more natural shape for the human hand than the rectangular cross-section of the S&W grips. JMO.
        I find the old Colt Official Police to have a most pleasing "eye candy" effect. Too many old Bogart movies, I guess.

Comment

Hmmm Shotgun: there are too many good looking shotguns! I love the Beretta Xtreme a400 in camo, but I also love the classic model 1100! Rifles: The Remington 700 cdl is one good looking rifle. Pistols: hands down the 1911.

Comment

Sarge01,

I have a nickel plated Model 19 that was a duty gun that probably has 5,000 rounds through it, mostly range fodder. It's twin also resides in the safe and has hardly been fired and nary a magnum load through it. A Model 28 Highway Patrolman and a Model 57 keep them company.

Comment

The Springfield 30-06 my dad fixed up for me is still the prettiest gun in the world in my sight. And at one time it was truly beautiful. I hunted hard with it for nearly forty years so it shows a lot of marks today that make it even more beautiful I think than the day he presented it to me. And he would most heartily agree. Dad was proud of the work he did fixing up that gun and he also admired the work I did with it. He happily lived vicariously through my many adventures. Incidentally, I related in another thread a page or so back how my horse destroyed the stock on that gun. I made a point of getting dad's assistance to replace it. One of the last projects of any sort that we worked on together. We picked out a beautifully figured semi-inletted walnut stock from some stuff Les Bauska had in his Kalispell shop and then Dad showed me how to fit and bed the action. I have a grandson on the way in June and I sure hope he takes an interest in using that gun. He's kinda my last hope for anyone in the extended family. Hopefully I'll live long enough to inspire some interest in him. Anyway, I still admire that gun every time I pull it from the similarly well-worn latigo leather saddle scabbard that I laced together for it by hand in 1976.

Comment

The most beautiful pistol I have ever seen in my opinion is the Colt Python, however I do not own one. I have a Walther P5 Compact that I think is truly beautiful with aftermarket wood grips. I think my Mannlicher Schoenauer in 30-06 is a lovely rifle with great lines and proportions but I am partial to the Weatherby Mark V with deluxe wood. I have two.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad