Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since we have ventured into the land of opinions. How about something a little more benign. In your eyes what is the most visual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since we have ventured into the land of opinions. How about something a little more benign. In your eyes what is the most visual

Since we have ventured into the land of opinions. How about something a little more benign. In your eyes what is the most visually pleasing Rifle, Pistol or shotgun. Choices can be judged by Grace or Ugly Functionality. Please refrain from entering the TV Celebrate of the moment the AR-15

My choice would be the Browning High Wall for just graceful uncluttered lines.

Comment

A high grade Winchester or Remington 700 from the custom shop are easy on the eyes. The Weatherby Mark V Deluxe with nice wood is a classic.
      Shotgun - i like the Browning A-5 and the Weatherby Orion High Grade O/U.
      Handguns for me is the Colt 1911 with some nice grips and the Browning .22lr Challenger Renaissance.

Comment

Every year they have a pre-99 (1899) gun show near my home. It features hand carved flintlocks from the 17-1800's. The craftsmanship is amazing.

Comment

The Colt 1911-A1 pistol in its military configuration. Skeeter Skelton once called it "Old Ugly," so I guess beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Comment

I think the most visually pleasing rifle is the Weatherby Mark V Deluxe or the Sako 85 Deluxe.

Comment

I lean toward the classic in rifles, so bolt action rifles like Montana Rifles' "Wilderness Supreme" or the Cooper Arms Model 22 Varminter are very attractive. Single-shots like the Dakota Arms Model 76 Mannlicher, the Ruger #1 "International" (with which I was delighted), and the Remington Rolling Block (including Remington's Custom Shop rifles, Lone Star Rifles and Pedersoli reproductions) appeal to me.
              As for handguns, the older S&W N-frame and K-frame revolvers (e.g. the Models 27 and 57, the K-22 and K-38 Masterpieces) were excellent choices. In autoloaders, the SIG P210, the Browning Hi-Power and, yes, a decently crafted 1911-type .45 are close to my heart.
              Shotguns? The Belgian Browning over/under shotguns in 12 & 20 gauge, currently manufactured Cesar Guerini O/U in 28 gauge, a Bernadelli S/S in 20 gauge. All are attractive to me. What a Wish List!

Comment

The Weatherby Mark V Deluxe with a moderate sized scope with a matching finish is the best looking rifle to me. All my Mark Vs wear composite stocks unfortunately. The older Sako 75 deluxe rifles are pretty spiffy, as well. My favorite handguns are the clean lines of a Browning Hi-Power for pistols and a S&W K-frame Model 19 Combat Magnum for a wheelgun. There are so many great looking O/U's that I can't even venture a guess. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

My humble opinion: Rifle- Westley-Richards Double rifle, Shotgun- The L.C. Smith 20 gauge I let slip through my hands never to see again. Pistol- Colt 1911. The shotgun opinion can and will change as my mind wanders. Also, if I was the rifleman that many of you fine men are, my rifle choice would be less romantic. The pistol choice is engraved in my heart.

Comment

I love the 20 ga Model 12, which I don't own. My 16 is quite nice but not as petite. The Model 12, which fired as long as you held the trigger down and pumped, was the bridge between the deadly beautifully functual, and the politically correct. The sizing of the receivers to the gauges was perfect, in my humble opinion. The only other gun that I don't own that I have always admired is the Browning A-22. What a sweet piece.

Comment

I have a hand carved flintlock Pennsylvania/Kentucky long rifle in the traditional curly maple. And it is functional fits my shoulder like a glove and is beautiful as a pretty girl on a desert island in the south pacific.

Comment

Colt single action army
                        Browning A-5
                        Winchester M-70

Comment

I have to agree with Sarge01 on the Sako 85. I also like the looks of the Ruger #1 and the Winchester Mod70.
                          I know diddly about shotguns but I think the Browning Citori is a nice looking gun.
                          I like the 1911 for its pure intimidation factor. No doubt as to its use or intent.
                          For much of my hunting career I just didn't think much about the aesthetics of my guns. As I learn more, or maybe its getting older, I find myself looking at firearms with with a more critical eye. I think as I look at future purchases the aesthetics are going to carry more weight.

Comment

Model 70 winchester featherweight 80's 90's with the schnabel forend or 16 gauge 0 frame LC Smith

Comment

Without question lever actions are the most beautiful,but then I am overly partial to them!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad