No announcement yet.

Are we a Democracy or a constitutional republic! Dean Garrison must read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubba - They didn't make that decision, they're following orders. They have a job to do and a family to support, and you say that you would kill them for that.

Comment

Hobob
      Agreed.

CoyoteHunter

Whether you're military or LEO, if your "superiors" give you orders that conflict with Constitutional "law", and you consciously decide to "obey" those orders, that makes you just as guilty.
      The entire spirit of the 2A is to give us (U.S.) citizens a "way" to fight tyranny, of which firearm confiscation, no doubt, is.

Comment

Not to mention that the people who take them away have probably taken an oath to protect the Constitution. If you are given an unconstitutional order by a superior you don't have to follow it.

Comment

"Bubba - They didn't make that decision, they're following orders. They have a job to do and a family to support, and you say that you would kill them for that."

So what do you do when your superior tells you to excute a man because he did not turn over his guns? And don't pull the "that is something totally different" because it's not! You were ordered to do something even though it is against the law. Your excuse of job and family is scary and telling.

Comment

Well, actually it is different Dcast, as I believe there are not many moral injustices associated with the confiscation of guns, though there are many associated with being ordered to execute an innocent. Also, aren't you being a little hypocritical for saying that it is wrong to execute an innocent because they refused to turn over their guns, but okay to kill an innocent when they're doing what would be considered a perfectly moral action in most all religions. You are not the law, fortunately, or a judge of someone's morals, and I dare to say you don't possess the right to kill someone, with the justification being your judgement of them.

Bubba - You do realize that no matter how you, me, or the majority of America interprets the 2A (You did say just because something is the majority consensus doesn't make it right), your judgement is not justification to kill someone. Believe it or not, you are not one to decide others' thoughts or opinions, and there are many different interpretations of the Constitution, a reason why most people would not be so rash as to kill someone based on their on judgement, especially when they were in no threat of immediate harm. If you would give your life for a futile, hypocritical, illogical, ineffective, and irrational attempt at martyrdom, then you would probably be qualified as an extremest. You probably would view an action that had those qualities as a extremest act, yet you would be so hypocritical to think otherwise if you did such a thing. And don't say your hypothetical action wouldn't have those qualities. If you truly wished to accomplish something in such a situation, you would act otherwise, in a more thought out manner, one with a better chance of making progress. Battles, whether literal or a metaphorical one, are not won by a series of rash, illogical actions.

Comment

CoyoteHunter

My judgement of you won't be based on morals or ethics, mine or yours. It would be based solely on "your" intention to confiscate "my" firearms.
              If I meekly allow that to occur, I would then be unable to defend my family, my home AND my possessions.
              Therefore, you would be perceived as a "threat" and addressed as such.
              How do you address threats?
              Expect no less from me!

Comment

The whole purpose of the Second Amendment is so that the citizens of America can fight incase our government was to become tyrannical. When our government becomes too over reaching, it's OUR (the citizens) job to put an end to it.The Second Amendment is NOT about deer hunting like many would want you to think. If the citizens are armed a dictator would have a very rough time fighting against us. 80 Million+ gun owners is a pretty huge army, even if armed with bolt action rifles.

Comment

Bubba - YOU would have judged them to be a threat, and many others would see it differently. However, even you didn't say they were an immediate threat,calling for no immediate and irrational response.You judge that they're not innocent based on YOUR interpretation of the 2A, though many people would disagree. Lastly, YOU would have judged it appropriate to kill them, based on your morals. Also, ironically, you say that they could POSSIBLY take away your ability to defend your family, home, and possessions, which makes them a threat that you could then kill. By that same logic, you could POSSIBLY take away their ability to do the same, based on the fact that you could kill them, giving them reason to kill you before you even act. If that sounds outrageous to you, just remember it uses the exact same logic as you used.

Comment

'YoteHunter

You're one sick puppy!

Comment

Because I wouldn't kill a person in that situation? That somehow makes me sick?

Comment

No

You're a "sick puppy" because you've indicated you would blindly follow your "leader" and never question their intent or motives and then feel you should be held blameless for violating anothers "rights"!
                        Wake up! Even soldiers have the Constitutional responsibility to disobey illegal or unconstitutional orders! Not to mention what's moral and ethical!

You keep using the "k" word. Do I "want" to "kill" somebody, anybody?
                        HECK no!
                        Come thumping on my door and telling me you're going to disarm me and I WON'T be pleasant to deal with!
                        I'd say your "misjudgment" of gun owning Americans to protect their 2A "rights" just may get you hurt!

As long as the 2A is in effect, I have the "Constitutional" RIGHT to "keep and bear arms"!
                        If the 2A "IS NOT" in effect, I have a "God given" RIGHT to "keep and bear arms"!

Either way, don't ask me to "turn in" my guns and expect me to comply peacefully. Ain't gonna happen!

Comment

You obviously do want to kill someone, otherwise you would go about your protest of confiscation in another way. I believe you are smart enough to realize that killing the person sent to carry out orders (Which they judge to be constitutional) would accomplish nothing, and ultimately cause your own death. Also, you still do not seem to get the point that your judgement is not supreme, and does not give you the right to kill someone. While we would probably agree about the meaning of the 2A, try to realize that many think differently than us. So if the person carrying out the orders believe them to be constitutional, than would that be blindly following orders? No, because they do question their leaders, and find nothing wrong, because their judgement finds nothing wrong with the orders. Therefore, they would be performing an order associated with their job, that they believe is constitutional, and is not made unconstitutional by your judgement alone. Now, please explain how you killing someone in the hypothetical we have been discussing would not be a "rash decision based on your judgement alone". Also, if you could point me to where I indicated that I would blindly follow my leader without questioning intent or motive. Very rarely in this discussion have I not been referring to a hypothetical person in a hypothetical situation.

Comment

Good luck in your endeavors 'Hunter! Hope your "leader" doesn't get you killed.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad