Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm thinking about buying a 30-30 lever action any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking about buying a 30-30 lever action any suggestions?

I'm thinking about buying a 30-30 lever action any suggestions?

Marlin 336 30-30 and you will never regret it.
    I got a nice one last year with marlin scope and sling for about $350 out the door.
    Using hornady leverevolution ammo it shot a little over 1" groups.

Comment

Winchester Model 94. After all it's the gun that won the west. I have a model 94 and have killed several deer with it. What I'm afraid you will find is that they are just not that practical. Nearly all lever actions have a hard trigger and make them less accurate. They are fun to play around with but I would suggest going ahead and get a bolt action for hunting purposes.

Comment

I used one last season. It was pretty good, but I still prefer a bolt action.

Comment

Now there are so many Used Marlins 336/1894/1895 on the market you now have a choices in your favor on Price and Model some come with a scope and Sling, Calibers 30/30,35Rem,32Win/Spl,41Mag,44Mag,45Colt,45/70,444,308M all deer killers. and This year may be a 243Win New Mod 336.

Comment

Marlin, but think .35 Remington instead of .30-30.

Comment

I have a Winchester 94, open sight. I use it for walking and for drives. There aint nothing better for this type of fast shooting.
              If i'm sitting still over a greenfield, give me a bolt action.
              When on foot, I take the lever action.(or 12 ga 00)

Comment

I have owned both, but I prefer the Marlin over the Winchester, as it readily lends itself to mounting a scope.

Comment

I have a Marlin 30 A.s. in 30-30. Ive left it open sights and it is exclusivly my brush gun. I carry it any time that im scouting in the middle of hunting season. Ive got to get my gramp to put a peep on it, just something about target acquisition with peep sights vs. Iron.

Comment

The sights are much better on the Winchester, than the Marlin.
                    The later model Winchesters (Mod. 94 AE, AE stands for Angle eject)take a scope just fine, if that is what you want to do. Personally, I do not want a scope on a lever.

Comment

Ditto jhjimbo, great gun, great ammo

Comment

I was thinking about getting the 336, because it's a Marlin and it's in my price range.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The George Floyd case.
                          by crm3006
                          My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                          Yesterday, 11:24 PM
                        • The George Floyd case.
                          by FirstBubba
                          Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                          Minnesota...
                          Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                        • Masks
                          by crm3006
                          Here ya go, boys and girls. I'm not much in favor of posting links, but this one is both thought provoking and hilarious! ...
                          Yesterday, 11:17 PM
                          by FirstBubba
                          Ellison is Keith Ellison. Once a Rep from MN. He is also a Muslim.
                          He gave up his House seat to run for MN AG. That will set him up to run for...
                          Yesterday, 11:15 PM
                          by crm3006
                          She is one of those soros backed DAs, and being inexperienced, way overcharged the officer for the offence. A local talk radio show host, who has two...
                          Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X