Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best muzzleloader for under $500

what is the best muzzleloader for under $500

Cva wolf. did not even have to sight it in with konus scope it came with. nice and compact good for hardwoods of PA where i hunt. took my first deer with it.....highly recommended.

Comment

I think that the CVA Accura 2 is the best followed by the CVA Optima. I have an Optima and it is a fine firearm.

Comment

If you want real fun get an imitation Hawkins plainsman or Pennsylvania/Kentucky long rifle. Shoot what they shot when blackpowder was all they had.

Comment

CVA

Comment

Rocky

I too shoot traditional replicas. I've got two T/C's. My first bp rifle, a 50 cal Hawken and a Renegade 54.
            The Hawken sports a globe front site and a "Vernier" tang site.
            I never liked the "coarse" sites T/C provided. The Hawken wears a set of Marlin 336 sites dovetailed in by an old gunsmith buddy.
            MY biggest problem is locating black powder. I order from GOEX but must order 5 POUNDS at a time!

Comment

FirstBubba. 2 words ---Gander Mountain.

Comment

Unfortunately Rocky, the closest GM is Corsicana or Amarillo, Texas.!
                Actually, other than cost, the five pounds isn't a big problem.
                I have a T/C Omega but prefer the replicas.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad