X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of gun laws current and proposed

List of gun laws current and proposed

Gun laws passed and gun laws proposed.

Here is that list of seven (eight actually as I added one that was ruled unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court five years after being signed into law.)
    1934 – National Firearms Act – FDR – Dem; Sen – Dem; House – Dem
    1968 – Gun Control Act – LBJ – Dem; Sen – Dem; House – Dem
    1986 – Firearms Owners Protection Act – Reagan – GOP; Sen – GOP, House – Dem
    1990 – Gun Free School Zone Act* – GHW Bush – GOP; Sen – Dem; House – Dem
    *Ruled unconstitutional by US Supreme Court in 1995, when it was revised and passed.

1993 – Brady Handgun Violence Act – Clinton – Dem; Sen – Dem; House – Dem
    1994 – Assault Weapons Ban – Clinton – Dem; Sen – Dem; House – Dem
    1995 – Gun Free School Zones Act – Clinton – Dem; Sen – GOP; House – GOP
    Now here is a list of the gun control bills that have been introduced into the US House and US Senate so far year. I may have missed some and if I have, I apologize, but I hope that you still understand the scope of danger we are in from a liberal progressive administration that wants to disarm the American citizenry.
    The link provided with each will take you to a tracking cite so you can get a summary of each one and then follow the progress of each resolution or bill. It also tells you who sponsored or introduced the bill.
    Realize that again, we have a Democratic president, the Senate is controlled by Democrats but the House is controlled by Republicans. I hope you see a very dangerous agenda here and contact your Representative and Senator and tell them to vote no on these unconstitutional measures.
    2013 – HR 21 or NRA Member’s Gun Safety Act
    2013 – HR 34 or Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act
    2013 – HR 65 or Child Gun Safety and Gun Access Prevention Act
    2013 – HR 93 or Fire Sale Loophole Closing Act
    2013 – HR 117 or Handgun Licensing and Registration Act
    2013 – HR 137 or Fix Gun Checks Act
    2013 – HR 138 or Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act
    2013 – HR 141 or Gun Show Loophole Closing Act
    2013 – HR 142 or Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act
    2013 – HR 226 or Support Assault Firearms Elimination and Reduction for our Streets Act
    2013 – HR 236 or Crackdown on Deadbeat Gun Dealers Act

2013 – HR 238 or Fire Sale Loophole Act (same content as HR 93)
    2013 – HR 321 or Firearm Safety and Public Health Research Act
    2013 – HR 329 or Strengthening Background Checks Act
    2013 – HR 339 or Fairness in Firearm Testing Act
    2013 – HR 404 or Straw Purchaser Penalty Enhancement Act
    2013 – HR 427 or Trafficking Reduction and Criminal Enforcement (TRACE) Act
    2013 – HR 431 or Gun Transparency and Accountability (Gun TRAC) Act
    2013 – HR 437 or Assault Weapons Ban
    2013 – HR 449 or To provide an amnesty period during which veterans and their family members can register certain firearms in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, and for other purposes.
    2013 – HR 452 or Gun Trafficking Prevention Act
    2013 – HR 577 or Veterans Second Amendment Protection Act
    2013 – HR 661 or To repeal certain impediments to the administration of the firearms laws.
    2013 – HR 720 or To increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of a firearm or the issuance of firearms or explosives licenses to a known or suspected dangerous terrorist.
    2013 – HR 793 or To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to impose an excise tax on concealable firearms and to require the Attorney General to establish a firearms buyback grant program
    2013 – SB 22 or Gun Show Background Check Act
    2013 – SB 33 or Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act
    2013 – SB 34 or Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act
    2013 – SB 35 or Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act
    2013 – SB 54 or Stop Illegal Trafficking in Firearms Act
    2013 – SB 147 or Common Sense Conceal Firearms Permit Act
    2013 – SB 150 or Assault Weapons Ban
    2013 – SB 174 or Ammunition Background Check Act
    2013 – SB 179 or Gun Trafficking Prevention Act
    2013 – SB 261 or A bill to establish and clarify that Congress does not authorize persons convicted of dangerous crimes in foreign courts to freely possess firearms in the United States.

Comment

What a depressing list! I'll have to check into what my state, Oklahoma, is doing.

Comment

I see most of the bills being sponsored by the Dems.
        Yet, there are guys on this website who support the liberal Dems. Totally Mind Boggling!

Comment

jimbo - Thank you for the effort in compiling this listing. I hadn't realized there were quite so many bills in the hopper affecting our rights.
          I especially like that HR 793, introduced by Linda Sanchez (D. Calif) imposing an excise tax on concealable firearms. She would have us pay the federal government for the right to acquire a gun.
          According to Constitution Watch, this bill has a 1% chance of making it out of committee, and a 0% chance of enactment.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            Gun laws passed and gun laws proposed.

Here is that list of seven (eight actually as I added one that was ruled unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court five years after being signed into law.)
            1934 – National Firearms Act – FDR – Dem; Sen – Dem; House – Dem
            1968 – Gun Control Act – LBJ – Dem; Sen – Dem; House – Dem
            1986 – Firearms Owners Protection Act – Reagan – GOP; Sen – GOP, House – Dem
            1990 – Gun Free School Zone Act* – GHW Bush – GOP; Sen – Dem; House – Dem
            *Ruled unconstitutional by US Supreme Court in 1995, when it was revised and passed.

1993 – Brady Handgun Violence Act – Clinton – Dem; Sen – Dem; House – Dem
            1994 – Assault Weapons Ban – Clinton – Dem; Sen – Dem; House – Dem
            1995 – Gun Free School Zones Act – Clinton – Dem; Sen – GOP; House – GOP
            Now here is a list of the gun control bills that have been introduced into the US House and US Senate so far year. I may have missed some and if I have, I apologize, but I hope that you still understand the scope of danger we are in from a liberal progressive administration that wants to disarm the American citizenry.
            The link provided with each will take you to a tracking cite so you can get a summary of each one and then follow the progress of each resolution or bill. It also tells you who sponsored or introduced the bill.
            Realize that again, we have a Democratic president, the Senate is controlled by Democrats but the House is controlled by Republicans. I hope you see a very dangerous agenda here and contact your Representative and Senator and tell them to vote no on these unconstitutional measures.
            2013 – HR 21 or NRA Member’s Gun Safety Act
            2013 – HR 34 or Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act
            2013 – HR 65 or Child Gun Safety and Gun Access Prevention Act
            2013 – HR 93 or Fire Sale Loophole Closing Act
            2013 – HR 117 or Handgun Licensing and Registration Act
            2013 – HR 137 or Fix Gun Checks Act
            2013 – HR 138 or Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act
            2013 – HR 141 or Gun Show Loophole Closing Act
            2013 – HR 142 or Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act
            2013 – HR 226 or Support Assault Firearms Elimination and Reduction for our Streets Act
            2013 – HR 236 or Crackdown on Deadbeat Gun Dealers Act

2013 – HR 238 or Fire Sale Loophole Act (same content as HR 93)
            2013 – HR 321 or Firearm Safety and Public Health Research Act
            2013 – HR 329 or Strengthening Background Checks Act
            2013 – HR 339 or Fairness in Firearm Testing Act
            2013 – HR 404 or Straw Purchaser Penalty Enhancement Act
            2013 – HR 427 or Trafficking Reduction and Criminal Enforcement (TRACE) Act
            2013 – HR 431 or Gun Transparency and Accountability (Gun TRAC) Act
            2013 – HR 437 or Assault Weapons Ban
            2013 – HR 449 or To provide an amnesty period during which veterans and their family members can register certain firearms in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, and for other purposes.
            2013 – HR 452 or Gun Trafficking Prevention Act
            2013 – HR 577 or Veterans Second Amendment Protection Act
            2013 – HR 661 or To repeal certain impediments to the administration of the firearms laws.
            2013 – HR 720 or To increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of a firearm or the issuance of firearms or explosives licenses to a known or suspected dangerous terrorist.
            2013 – HR 793 or To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to impose an excise tax on concealable firearms and to require the Attorney General to establish a firearms buyback grant program
            2013 – SB 22 or Gun Show Background Check Act
            2013 – SB 33 or Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act
            2013 – SB 34 or Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act
            2013 – SB 35 or Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act
            2013 – SB 54 or Stop Illegal Trafficking in Firearms Act
            2013 – SB 147 or Common Sense Conceal Firearms Permit Act
            2013 – SB 150 or Assault Weapons Ban
            2013 – SB 174 or Ammunition Background Check Act
            2013 – SB 179 or Gun Trafficking Prevention Act
            2013 – SB 261 or A bill to establish and clarify that Congress does not authorize persons convicted of dangerous crimes in foreign courts to freely possess firearms in the United States.

Thank you for compiling a list! Teach a girl to fish and tell me how did you find the laws?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad