Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My cousin just recently gave me a used Czechoslovakian made rifle that he bought from a Military surplus store. It is chambered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Edward J. Palumbo and + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    The rimfire offerings by Ceska Zbrojovka marketed in the US by CZUSA are excellent as are its centerfire offerings. My CZ453 will shoot rings around any other .22 LR I've ever owned. They are well made and worth holding on to.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    Ceska zbrojovka is an established arms manufacturer, in business for over 70 years. I've examined and used their bolt action centerfire rifles, and I considered them a good value for the price. The American dollar has slipped a bit and the price of some of the CZ rifles has noticeably increased in the past few years; however, they're still a good choice.
    CZ's quality system is certified under ISO 9001, not an easy certification to obtain, and their import/repair headquarters for the United States is centrally located in Kansas. CZ's centerfire rifles aren't drilled and tapped for popular bases and rings. They utilize a dovetailed square bridge with rings that clamp into that dovetail. The system reminds me of the Sako rings on the L461 and L571 I'd owned in the past.
    I enjoyed a very good experience with a friend's (Weaver K4) scoped, magazine-fed .22 rimfire CZ rifle, which I fired many years ago (and which performed very accurately on local squirrels), but I can't remember the model number. I will not pretend to be familiar with their current offerings rimfire rifles, and I cannot comment experientially on any of them.

Leave a comment:

• idduckhntr
    replied
    CZ is the same make as the old BRNO safari rifles. I have a CZ in 375 HH and its a shooter you should'nt have a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    I'm told they are pretty good guns and not expensive to buy.

Leave a comment:

• My cousin just recently gave me a used Czechoslovakian made rifle that he bought from a Military surplus store. It is chambered

My cousin just recently gave me a used Czechoslovakian made rifle that he bought from a Military surplus store. It is chambered for .22 Long Rifle, and he said it was made in 1950, but he isn't sure. I was wondering if anybody happend to know anything about CZ firearms. It is a single-shot bolt action, if that helps. Thanks.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad