Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the worst gun you ever bought? I will post .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pjmdy
    replied
    Keltec PF9. I bought it for a "pocket pistol" for concealed carry. At the range, I would stand 10 ft from the target and the point of impact would be 10-12 inches below my aimpoint. I ran several dozen rounds through it, sent it back to the factory explaining the problem. It was returned with a sheet stating it worked fine. I tried it again, same result. My other pistols, no problems. It also had bad, stinging recoil due to the lightweight. I sold it.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    Similar experience as Del with a bolt action, single-shot Chipmunk .22 purchased as a first rifle for my children. The ineffective extractor was unable to get a grip on the rim of a fired .22 LR cartridge. I'd hoped it was a "keeper" but it was a disappointment, and they promptly progressed to a Ruger 10/22.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Worst rifle was a Model 100 Winchester in .243 Win. Tried every thing I knew, read, and heard about to get that thing to shoot, could not get it to shoot the same two days in a row. Soured me on the .243 to this day.
    The worst pistol was a Rock River Arms Commander that blew out the barrel bushing and spring on the third shot fired through it.
    Traded the .243 for a 94 in 30-30, (still have that one), returned the Commander to the shop where I bought it and raised enough stink to get my money back. Bought a Kimber, happy with that pistol ever since.

Leave a comment:

• bruisedsausage
    replied
    Winchester model 70 300 WSM (circa 2005?) Thing was minute of paper plate. Not sure how many different problems the thing had. Shortly after I got it and discovered its abysmal accuracy, I decided a bedding job was in order. Well as soon as I removed it from the stock I found the first unsettling thing. The rear of the stock where the receiver beds into, was too 'shallow' ? any rate some slob or genius? simply shimmed the receiver with a piece from a synthetic stock. This in effect kept the receiver in what appeared to be a normal state. I then completed the bedding job thinking I had found and cured the issue. And it sorta did, but the rifle only managed to shoot sub 3 moa. Not only did I try every type of ammo possibly purchased in town, I also bought a set of dies and rolled my own. Nothing could help that lost soul. So it got traded off. Haven't bought a Winchester since, but I hear that quality is better with these newer models? I sure hope so.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    redfishhunter,
    I have 4 or 5 buddies that have had the same results with the T/C Encores and have gotten rid of them. The only ones that they have had any luck with are the .204 barrels. The T/C Contenders were pretty good I don't know what happened to the Encore.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    AMC-.22Magnum semi-auto with 7 round mag, single/shot
    it lived at the AMC factory for weeks-on end? it became a TWO shot Auto,after many weeks of back-and-forth they sent me a new-one with the same old Crap two shot..jam! sold it at a Miami gun show..Good luck who ever you are!

Leave a comment:

• country road
    replied
    Ruger 9mm handgun---don't remember the model---nobody who shot it could hit anything with it.

Leave a comment:

• ALJoe
    replied
    A model 700 that had firing pin issues. Sometimes it would fire sometimes it would not. Cleaned it, took it to gunsmiths, and everything else imagined. Tried several different types of ammo as well. Couldn't really find anything wrong with it. It chose when it wanted to shoot (talk about a safety hazzard). I'm sure remington probably would have fixed it but I didn't hold on to it that long. Went back to my trusty model 70's.

Leave a comment:

• canvasbackhunter
    replied
    Buckhunter, My buddy had an American Arms O/U with a sellector switch. One time the switch didn't go all the way, and the gun fired both barrels. He moved the switch all the way the next shot and it still fired both barrels. He shot real well with it and didn't want to sell it, so he took it to a gunsmith and got it fixed. I don't know if that was the problem with your gun or not.

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    Walther P22. No matter what I did, I couldn’t get it to group decently at all. (I always have 2 guns at the range, one I am testing and 1 as a control to make sure it is not me having a bad day). I sent it to 2 different gun smiths, ordered parts twice, and back to the factory twice, Finally S&W claims I had a hidden crack in the frame and sent me a new gun. It shot just as poorly. Sold it the next week. From what I read some people love the composite metal firearms and for some people they just don’t perform well at all. I do have to hand it to S&W, they bent over backward in their support for a gun they didn’t make just marketed. Their support was first rate.

Leave a comment:

• scratchgolf72
    replied
    a beneli montefeltro i bought back in high school. never had any mechanical issues with the gun, i just couldnt shoot it worth a damn. i fiddled with the stock, added middle beads, didnt matter. id hand the gun to somebody else and they would shoot it fine i just for whatever reason couldnt hit anything with it, the gun shot inherently low for me. sold that thing over the summer and bought a beretta a400 xplor, which is my best shotgun purchase to date. fits me well and i shoot lights out with it, and its an excellent do it all 12 gauge auto.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Bought an O/U at a gun show when I was in college. I forget the brand but it was made in Brazil. Both barrels fired when you pulled the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    The worst gun I ever bought was a Browning Safari .222 Remington, made in Finland (by Sako, I suspect). The rifle would group about 5 inches on a good day.
    Browning's Customer Service Dept. was unsympathetic, and they suggested I shoot Browning ammunition.
    I tried to remedy the situation by replacing the scope, then the barrel, then a re-bedding job by Shilen Arms with Devcon steel compound, and re-crowning the muzzle.
    I finally gave up and sold it. The only Browning products I now own were made in Belgium.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Ruger .44mag rifle. Nice rifle in real nice condition. Shot about 3" groups at 100yds. Problem was it would jam about every 2 to 3 shots. I used my pistol full house loads that should have worked. Got disappointed and sold it.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Chipmunk youth .22 rifle for my son many years ago. Sights could not be adjusted enough to sight in and trigger was something like 12 pounds. Also the darn thing would fail to extract most every time fired. It had a nice walnut stock other than that it was POS.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad