Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommendations on gun safes? I live in an apartment right now, so it can't be extremely wide. My local stores have Liberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recommendations on gun safes? I live in an apartment right now, so it can't be extremely wide. My local stores have Liberty

Any recommendations on gun safes? I live in an apartment right now, so it can't be extremely wide. My local stores have Liberty, Stack On and Browning

Stack On is a pretty good safe for the money.

Comment

Wal*Mart has Stack-On gun-safe on sale $88.99

Comment

My dad, bro-in-law, and myself all pitched in and bought a big Liberty safe. It is very ggod. The fire protection rating is as high as any I've seen. They are a little pricey but I would prefer to pay a little more and get a good one. After all think of how many thousands of dollars worth guns, documents, etc. that it will be protecting. Don't overlook a Winchester. I've seen some good ones at pretty good prices.

Comment

Like ALJoe said, pay a little bit more and get a good one. Also, get one bigger than you think you need because 1) you will always buy more guns (or have an excuese to buy more, "I need to fill my safe"), and 2) even though they say they will hold 8/12/24 whatever, you will not be able to fit that many guns into the safe. I got a Browning, and I love it, but it does not have the capacity that it states. Another good thing is it has rack on the door to store pistols and shotguns (or any unscoped rifle).

Comment

I used a Stack-On for years when living in an apartment. It is light enough to move easily. Make sure you screw the anchors into wall studs. The fire rated safes can be very heavy and thus difficult to move in/out an upstair apartment. Make sure your renters insurance is adequate to cover your collection.
            Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

I bought a Browning safe last year and can definitely strongly recommend it. Mine came with the proprietary Browwning system that allows me to hang rifles from the interior of the safe door. It allows me to store more guns in the same size safe. I don't know that this would be good for an apartment though becasue it is very heavy. Stack-on may be your best bet.

Comment

Don't know if it is of any importance, but was told at the SHOT Show a couple of years ago that most gun safes are made by the same manufacturer, and just have different interior decorating.

Comment

If you can’t screw your safe to the wall and probably can’t get some heavy chain and old weights. String it all together. No safe is impregnable but make it as hard as possible to discourage the incompetent and lazy.

If you can’t get a big safe, Remove the bolts and firing pins and store them elsewhere and make it obvious that the guns are worthless without them.

Comment

I invested in a Liberty safe several years ago and have been very satisfied. It may be a bit bid and heavy for an apartment, but I would agree with the previous recommendations to buy something that you can "grow" into, as I certainly have (and then some).

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
                      by Solitario Lupo
                      Jimbo I dont really go for eyes on Erie but that is impressive almost 80 degrees on top and in that depths wonder how cold it gets in that thermocline....
                      Today, 06:16 PM
                    • Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
                      by jhjimbo
                      We are getting a nice slow soaker of a rain for most of Sat afternoon. Reminds me when we fished from my Fathers cruiser. It was called an express cruiser...
                      08-01-2020, 05:28 PM
                    • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                      by 99explorer
                      I do feel sorry for those rookie cops on the scene who had their backs to the brutality being committed by their senior officer.
                      Today, 06:00 PM
                    • The George Floyd case.
                      by FirstBubba
                      Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                      Minnesota...
                      Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                    • Reply to How do you fly ?
                      by DakotaMan
                      I tend to buy scopes to fill a need that I already have in hand. I always shop hard and can usually find a good deal somewhere on the planet when I am...
                      Today, 05:48 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X