Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your go to rifle for big game? In what caliber,how did you come to that chioce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scratchgolf72
    replied
    my .270 wsm serves my purposes for being a midwestern hunter...biggest game ive tackled is black bear. i have a .300 weatherby itching to go on a trip out west after college though.

Leave a comment:

replied
    savage 99 in 300 savage, a gift from my uncle before he died. it has iron sights so i limit it to 200 yards and it does well in those situations
    just added a 30-06 mauser soon to wear a 4x something vortex viper mildot scope. that will be good out way past 200 after i do the load work up.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Remington 700 in 30-06.
    If i anticipate longer range shots the Weatherby Mk V in 300WbyMag.
    Close range i would pick my Remington 7400 in 30-06 or my Winchester 94 in 30-30 with iron sights. Scoped Marlin 336 in 30-30 is also a possibility.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    Sako A7 in 300WSM..Accuracy is outstanding , Enough power for everything that I hunt. Sako A7 is a well made rifle with the features that I like, detachable mag., fine trigger . well proportioned stock.

Leave a comment:

• What is your go to rifle for big game? In what caliber,how did you come to that chioce?

What is your go to rifle for big game? In what caliber,how did you come to that chioce?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad