Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the farthest you have ever shot and what rifle and caliber did you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike0714
    replied
    Targets out to 1400 and game out to 600 on game both with a .284

Leave a comment:

• Safado
    replied
    I shot a coyote with my 240 Weatherby at...I can't remember the distance because it gets longer every time I tell the story:-D). Actually it was between 350 and 400 yards. I have puched paper at 1,000 yards with a .308 Win.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    I once hit a spike elk at 350 yards downhill with 30-06. By the time I had finally killed it and got it out of the hell hole it wandered into, I was sorry I ever took that hair-brained shot!

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    I dropped a Kentucky whitetail at 615 yards with a Remington model 788 in .308 Winchester. The scope was a $35 Bushnell 4x fixed. The load was a Barnes X-bullet, 150 grain over 47 grains of Winchester 748.

Leave a comment:

• cb bob
    replied
    200 yards at our local range is the longest distance we have. I would say 150 yards was the longest shot I have taken at a deer. I used a .308, and he went about 50 yards and expired.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    A wounded antelope one of our group hit to far back,it came past me at 500 and change he could not see it from were he was and yelled for me to put it down. Winchester 70 270 win.

Leave a comment:

• scratchgolf72
    replied
    prairie dog at 532 yards, 22-250 ackley improved, lots of dogs in the 400 yard range.

Leave a comment:

replied
    600 yards pretty regularly i play at 800 yards but i'm not that good yet.

Leave a comment:

• MidnightBanjo
    replied
    Farthest successful shot was this year - ranged at 259 yards - with my Remington 710 in 30-06 topped with the Bushnell 3-9x that came with it. She dropped in her tracks. It was almost a windless day and I was shooting across wide open terrain from a ground blind. After reading the above posts I would call that an amateur distance. Say what you will about my Remington 710 being cheap, etc... it shoots very well!

Leave a comment:

• 1ojolsen
    replied
    My favorite longish shot was 230 yards with my marlin 336c lever action 30/30 on a fat little doe. I was about 20 and was pretty proud of that shot, free hand standing too.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    We were required to qualify at 200, 300 and 500 yards with the M1 Garand and M14 rifles and I enjoyed that experience, but I've rarely taken a shot as a hunter or varminter at greater than 300 yards, simply because the ranches and properties where I hunt have fences or boundaries (and my lights are dimming at this point in life!).

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Ground hog with a Remington 22-250 at 400yds. Burris 6x24 scope.

Leave a comment:

• Clay Cooper
    replied
    1000 yards open sight, no problem!

www.fieldandstream.com/photos/trophyroom/recent/single?pnid=1001366390#1001366390

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I've shot paper out to 400 yards.
    Game?
    My longest shot was on a white tail buck at about 200 yards, oddly, with a Marlin 336 RC in .30-30 Win. I've hunted with a .270 Win since '73, longest shot with it has been about 150/175 yards.
    The Marlin was topped with a Lyman 4x.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I once shot a woodchuck at 330 yards with a heavy-barreled .22-250 using a Unertl 12X scope.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad