Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the farthest you have ever shot and what rifle and caliber did you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite longish shot was 230 yards with my marlin 336c lever action 30/30 on a fat little doe. I was about 20 and was pretty proud of that shot, free hand standing too.

Comment

Farthest successful shot was this year - ranged at 259 yards - with my Remington 710 in 30-06 topped with the Bushnell 3-9x that came with it. She dropped in her tracks. It was almost a windless day and I was shooting across wide open terrain from a ground blind. After reading the above posts I would call that an amateur distance. Say what you will about my Remington 710 being cheap, etc... it shoots very well!

Comment

600 yards pretty regularly i play at 800 yards but i'm not that good yet.

Comment

prairie dog at 532 yards, 22-250 ackley improved, lots of dogs in the 400 yard range.

Comment

A wounded antelope one of our group hit to far back,it came past me at 500 and change he could not see it from were he was and yelled for me to put it down. Winchester 70 270 win.

Comment

200 yards at our local range is the longest distance we have. I would say 150 yards was the longest shot I have taken at a deer. I used a .308, and he went about 50 yards and expired.

Comment

I dropped a Kentucky whitetail at 615 yards with a Remington model 788 in .308 Winchester. The scope was a $35 Bushnell 4x fixed. The load was a Barnes X-bullet, 150 grain over 47 grains of Winchester 748.

Comment

I once hit a spike elk at 350 yards downhill with 30-06. By the time I had finally killed it and got it out of the hell hole it wandered into, I was sorry I ever took that hair-brained shot!

Comment

I shot a coyote with my 240 Weatherby at...I can't remember the distance because it gets longer every time I tell the story:-D). Actually it was between 350 and 400 yards. I have puched paper at 1,000 yards with a .308 Win.

Comment

Targets out to 1400 and game out to 600 on game both with a .284

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad