Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I was a kid I open up a Field and Stream magazine and saw an ad for the 17 remington,I was hooked! It took 40 years before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I was a kid I open up a Field and Stream magazine and saw an ad for the 17 remington,I was hooked! It took 40 years before

When I was a kid I open up a Field and Stream magazine and saw an ad for the 17 remington,I was hooked! It took 40 years before I owned one, a gift from my wife and son. What gun have you always wanted and could never pull the trigger on the purchase?

A German P08 Luger pistol. It has always been close to the top of my bucket list.

Comment

What an interesting question! I have to say I can't think of any gun that I have coveted and not acquired. And I have only acquired a few guns, mostly given to me by my dad. Even I think that's strange. I go to gun shows all the time and enjoy looking at all kinds of weapons. But I have to admit I never really have wanted anything except what I have. Hmmm. All things considered, that is not what I would have expected. Thanks for making me think about that one.

Comment

Ontario Honker I read your post on another similar question and strange it may be but in a very cool way! It says alot about you. Maybe you use your guns to pursue your love of the outdoors,I know you take good care of them.I think you said last gun you bought was Browning A5 in 1973,wow!!

Comment

I have wanted a Winchester Mod/52.22Lr/Sporter, its one of the best-looking Rifle ever(for me)Now that they are coming-out of the GUN-SAFES, I don't want to pay the High prices for my Dream Gun.

Comment

None, I have them all now. I have a passing fancy for a rifle now and again, but all my "must have" guns are in the safe. I had a Walther PPK that was liberated from my car in 1981 that I would like back so I could trash the low life that stole it, but otherwise none come to mind. I'm not bragging, as I don't have all that many guns, just selfish enough to have all the ones that I really want!

Comment

If I had the means a Merkel SXS. I have seen a few and the chiseled receivers and wood are museum quality. A drilling would be nice. But a rifle/shotgun isn't practical in North America. Two choices that are too expensive/beautiful or impractical for any real use.

Comment

Carl I'm with you on the drilling. I really want one practical or not. My buddy hunts with his and has taken a variety of game and fowl with it. His is SxS 16ga over a 7.62x(57?). The cheap ones are thousands so that may be a long time coming.

Comment

WAM I feel for you, about three years ago a fella felt that he should enter my house when I wasnt home and rifle through things and found my 1911 that my wife had bought for me months ago. Back to the question at hand, there are two guns and they are specific guns, I would like my grandfathers original colt peace maker, and his winchester 94.

Comment

the kimber 1911 i saved for two years to buy that was stolen from me.

Comment

I've had a rifle and a shotgun stolen in two separate burglaries at two separate locations, but they were not my favorites. The police made a record of the thefts and that was the end of it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad