Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the metric cartridges still alive? Who shoots the ones from across the pond ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the metric cartridges still alive? Who shoots the ones from across the pond ?

Are the metric cartridges still alive? Who shoots the ones from across the pond ?

My current deer rifle is a 6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser.

Comment

The 6.5x55mm is one of my favorites. More energy at 100yds than a 30-30 at the muzzle.
      I also have 7.62x39.
      Had a 7x57 in a 98Mauser that i sold.
      Also had a 7mmRemMag when i lived in Texas and Nebraska that i sold when i moved to mid west.

Comment

6.5x55 Swedish Mauser and Lord forgive me they make a lot more sense.

Comment

5.56 X 45 and 7.62 X 51 NATO seem to be very much alive. In fact, they are so alive, that one cannot purchase them, or the components to re-load the.

Comment

I just bought a Ruger #1 in 7x57, can't wait to see how it shoots.

Comment

7x57mm, 6.5x55mm that I enjoy very much and a 7.65x53mm Belgian that doesn't see enough use to justify itself, so it'll be rebarreled.

Comment

6mm, 6.5mm, and 7mm are still very much alive in both competition and in hunting applications. They are trying to popularize the 8mm by calling it the .325 but it is going slow.

Comment

My deer rifle is a CZ 550 in 6.5x55 Swedish as well.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad