Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

since the "ammo shortage" hit, I have not been able to find 22 rimfire. however, yesterday I found that the local store had a co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• since the "ammo shortage" hit, I have not been able to find 22 rimfire. however, yesterday I found that the local store had a co

since the "ammo shortage" hit, I have not been able to find 22 rimfire. however, yesterday I found that the local store had a couple hundred rounds. unfortunately, it was limited to four boxes a customer. still, I felt like I had stumbled on a gold mine. still no .243 or .223 though. how long do you think untill the shortage ends?

I think when the news media reports that mandating background checks for ammo is becoming a political third rail, and chances of passage are slim to none, we may see some reduction in the hoarding of ammo.
    Ditto for assault rifles, but I fear we may see some activity on high-capacity magazines to show that the politicians have "done something." JMO.

Comment

No one knows ,talk of more gun ledgislation another mass shooting and the shortage continues. Things will most likely calm down and ammo will come available. Don't get to caught up in this it could cost you alot of money that you will regret later.

Comment

I'm glad your local store took measures to limit their sale's per customer. I haven't been able to find .22 ammo for 2 months now. My GF got a new ruger 10/22 and I got a ruger SR 22 just after Christmas and we haven't fired a round out of either because we don't know when we'll be able to get .22 ammo again.

Comment

I asked that question of two local resources and their answers differed widely. One answered that it will be months before things stabilize, and another answered that until something definitive develops concerning the tug-of-war over gun legislation, this situation will continue. The situation is difficult enough for factory ammunition but handloading components are another disappointment. Primers? Powder? Brass? I've been operating off supplies I'd purchased months ago.

Comment

the bass pro in cincinnati has them

Comment

JMHNSO, the scarcity of ammunition, rifles, handguns, magazines, and All reloading components and tools will stabilize and come back to normal after obummer is out of office and the American people believe their rights and liberty are no longer threatened by a dictator in the making. My local dealer is requiring a 50% deposit and warning of a six month or longer wait for any type of AR. (Armalite Rifle)
              The question that no one is asking is: Why are the American people so adamant about making sure they are armed? Is it because they want to pursue their sport, or is it because they will do whatever it takes to secure their Liberty and Freedom?

Comment

I've heard that it may take up to 9 monthsfor ammo to get back to normal. I personally think that at the beggining of the shortage all gun shops should have set limits on the amount of ammo and magzines you could buy so that theres still some left.

Comment

"Why are the American people so adamant about making sure they are armed?"

No one is asking that question because I, for one, am not "adamant about being armed." Rather, I am adamant about preserving my expressly stated, constitutional RIGHT to LAWFULLY buy, own, carry and use whatever kinds of arms I consider desirable or useful ... FOREVER. I am adamant about making sure that no rat-faced, conniving, "progressive" government weasels who purposely exploit emotional reactions to gun-related tragedies, and abuse the powers of state (e.g., tax, regulation, fines, imprisonment) to gradually and surreptitiously strip me of that right.

If that ever happens, you can be sure that it will occur long before any sane American ever feels compelled to actually take up arms against his/her own government.

Comment

Correction to the above: "... to gradually and surreptitiously strip me of that right ... ever succeeds in doing so."

Comment

Sheesh! I meant "... Never succeeds in doing so." Sorry, readers!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad