Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your first gun and how did you acquire it? Do you still have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITHACASXS
    replied
    ...and no, I don't have it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• ITHACASXS
    replied
    In my mind,these are the best stories. My first gun was a mossbrg 500 I bought with my own money. I wanted the used Ithaca #37, but my dad talked me into getting the new one. I hated it.

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    50 years ago. Marlin .22. I saved up a weeks plus salary. it cost all of $29 dollars. And yes I still have it and it now wears a $200 scope and still is reasonable accurate.

Leave a comment:

• AAM
    replied
    Mine was a 20 ga mossberg 500 I got it Cabelas I think when I was 11 and yes I still have it.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Mine was an Italian 6.5mm Carcano that I bought for coyote control when I was about 15. It cost me $18. I could buy ammo by the thousands for next to nothing. I burned up the barrel in no time but was hard on coyotes for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Boiler02
    replied
    My first gun was a Mossberg 20 guage. I had used my dad's .22 for quite a while before I got the 20 for Christmas. I still have it and use it during deer season each year.

Leave a comment:

• Trapper Vic
    replied
    Not sure of the model but at age 9 my dad bought me a smooth bore bolt action single shot 22 to shoot rats in our barn. duct taped a flaslite under it. Stock broke about 10 years later don't know what happen to it!

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    My first gun was a .22LR Remington Model 521T that I bought with money I had saved from working part-time as a soda jerk. An older neighbor friend acted as the straw man to make the actual purchase, because I was under the legal age to buy a gun. That would be a felony today.

Leave a comment:

• Bioguy01
    replied
    Remington model 6 .22 single shot. It was handed down from my dad, and yes I still have it.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    53 years ago for Christmas I received a Winchester Model 67 single shot .22. My Dad paid for it on payments. He paid $1 a week until he got it paid for. It cost $11.95. We didn't have very much money so I thought I could never get anything like that so when I did I thought it was the greatest thing in the whole world. It sits in my gun safe today.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    My first rifle was bought for me by my Dad a Mossberg 22 with a 4x Weaver scope. My first pistol was a Sterling 25 auto purchased at McCann's Bar in Manhattan. As far as still having them yes I do, no I don't.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Winchester Model 72 .22 bolt action that belonged to my Dad when he was a boy. Yes, I still have it. It is the rifle I used to teach both my kids to shoot and we still use it more than any other gun in the safe. I'll pass it down to my Son and I hope he'll use it to teach his kids to shoot.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    At age 4, I received a 16 ga L.C. Smith sxs for Christmas. I couldn't even keep both ends off the floor. A childless great uncle promised it to the first male child to carry the family name. It's a bit loose in the breech, tang safety doesn't work and both barrels are pitted (pre-me) due to the old mercury primers. I don't shoot it. Won't ever sell it.

Leave a comment:

• canvasbackhunter
    replied
    Mossberg youth 20. My uncle bought it for his wife to go deer hunting, but she told him there was no way she was hunting, so he just gave it to me.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    Marlin model 30 A.S. in 30-30. Bought it with my own money when I was 9 years old and like 357, I handed the money over the counter and dad signed the papers. They threw in a box of ammo. I still own it, still own my first shotgun and pistol too.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad