Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your first gun and how did you acquire it? Do you still have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your first gun and how did you acquire it? Do you still have it?

What was your first gun and how did you acquire it? Do you still have it?

Youth model 870. My Dad bought it.

Comment

Remington 550-1 .22 bought at a local pawn shop for $50.00. Yeah, I still have it and use it. No telling how many thousands of rounds have been through it.

Comment

I wonder how many of us will say the same thing, my dad bought me a 870 wingmaster in 12ga.

Comment

Remington Model 41 Targetmaster .22, inherited from my great-grandfather. Though I don't shoot it often I still have it and if I am ever blessed with children I will teach them to shoot with it.

Comment

I inherited a Winchester 94, J.C.Higgins bolt action .22 and still have them.
            First i bought is a Browning Challenger .22lr and a Remington Mod 51 .380cal in 1965.

Comment

I inherited a Winchester 94, J.C.Higgins bolt action .22lr and still have them.
              First i bought is a Browning Challenger .22lr and a Remington Mod 51 .380cal in 1965.

Comment

Missed the last part. Yes, id never get rid of my first gun.

Comment

I saved my money for 2 years from age 6 to 8. to buy a .22 for 4-h rifle shooting. Dad took me and signed the papers but I paid the old boy behind the counter in wadded up 1$ and 5$ bills. picked up a Made in USSR toz-17, he threw in a box of shells and some ear phones I still have, plus a cleaning kit.

I still have it, had it out after rabbits a month ago.

Comment

My first was a single-shot, bolt action J.C. Higgins rifle (actually made by Marlin), ourchased at Sears-Roebuck in Kansas City in 1962. I remember the price; $21, because I had an after-school job and earned every dime. I sold it to a close friend and used the proceeds to purchase my next rifle, a Marlin 39A lever action .22.

Comment

Mine was a Savage .17HMR and it was a gift from an old boyfriend. I'd never part with it, ever. I use it all the time, mostly for target practice.

Comment

mine was a savage MK2 22lr. I bought with money I earned working for my dad. it wasn't that long ago, so I still have it and hunt with it. before that I hunted with my dads bolt action .410

Comment

Mine was a Browning A-bolt .270 that I bought from Gene Taylor's in Grand Junction CO. I was working for them at the time so they gave me a pretty good deal. I still have it and hopefully will pass on to my son.

Comment

Marlin model 30 A.S. in 30-30. Bought it with my own money when I was 9 years old and like 357, I handed the money over the counter and dad signed the papers. They threw in a box of ammo. I still own it, still own my first shotgun and pistol too.

Comment

Mossberg youth 20. My uncle bought it for his wife to go deer hunting, but she told him there was no way she was hunting, so he just gave it to me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad