Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What rifle or any gun have you let slip thru your hands and did not buy or trade for and still regret it ? What were the circums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What rifle or any gun have you let slip thru your hands and did not buy or trade for and still regret it ? What were the circums

What rifle or any gun have you let slip thru your hands and did not buy or trade for and still regret it ? What were the circumstances?

Where do I begin without getting sick all over again?
    1) A sweet L.C. Smith 20 gauge with 2 sets two barrels in a hard case, I had the $$, but was far too slow even with 2 weeks to think on it. 2) A mint Sweet Sixteen that I found for dad(I didn't have the scratch, he did) that dad traded for a .45 single action. 3)An awesome Savage 99 in .308 that I should have snatched from dear ole daddy before he sold that 'cause of a $120 repair it needed. I'm ashamed of myself.

Comment

ITHACAXAS I feel your pain!

Comment

Friend of mine was selling a Browning A-bolt .300 WSM with a Leupold VXIII 3.5x10x50 for $400. I didn't need the gun but I new it was to good of a deal to pass up. I went home to get my checkbook. When I returned he had already sold it to another guy (I guess a man's word sure ain't what it use to be). Sad part of the story is that I had my checkbook in the truck the whole time and didn't realize it. Gun was basically brand new. It probably had never been fired over half a dozen times. The other guy bought it and resold it for somewhere aroud $900 to $1000.

Comment

ALJoe,
          Not much of a friend if you told him you wanted to buy it and would be right back with money.

Comment

I agree, we had words over the issue. Let's just say I see him a lot less these days than I used to. I remember when a man's word and a handshake sealed a deal. It looks like those days are fast leaving us.

Comment

I always wanted a Ruger .44 Magnum carbine. I found one at a gun show a couple years back that was in pretty nice shape, but I felt the dealer was asking a little too much for it ($650.00) and he wouldn't budge on the price, so I went home without it. The couple I have come across since were either in poor shape, or $100.00 more.

Comment

My Dad was looking for my first gun and a local shop had a used 20 gauge Winchester M12. We passed because it was a bit expensive--$90. sniff

Comment

I passed on a Winchester Model 88 in .280 or .284 (I forget). They wanted about $1,600 for it which I thought was way to much money money for a 40 year old lever action. I liked how it looked but really didn't know what it was so I went home and got on line and realized that it was pretty special. By the time I got back to the store one of the store's salesmen bought it.

Comment

I don't recall the caliber but there was an old Husqvarna rifle on a website for 200, planned on purchasing it when I got home from work but it was already sold. I just really wanted to say I had a Husky rifle to go with my saws.

Comment

When I lived in the Texas Hill Country, I owned a nice Colt New Service Model 1909 .45LC with a lanyard ring on the butt, but almost no original finish remaining. It was a good shooter.
                      It came with a story that it had been used in a murder back in the 1920's in Llano County, Texas, and was liberated during a riot at the County jail.
                      Shortly after I acquired that Model 1909, I resolved not to add any more guns without getting rid of at least one.
                      So, when I fancied a nice used Colt Python I saw at a gun show, I sold the Model 1909 to help pay for the Python. It was also a good shooter.
                      When the novelty of owning the Python wore off, I sold it, and bought something else.
                      Fickle me. I would love to have that old Model 1909 back. I can always buy another Python, but they are just not my cup of tea.

Comment

When my great uncle passed away he left me a nice lever action 10 gauge shotgun. I remember that gun when I was little and was proud that he thought enough of me to leave me this one item. When I went to the house to get it it was nowhere to be found, and my cousin swears he never saw it. (I still can not trust him after that)

Comment

30 years ago I had the chance to buy a full auto italian(i think). Aug.$800. that was a lot of cash back then

Comment

I let a sporterized K98 Mauser in 25-06 for $250 get past me this fall. I was just too poor to take advantage. D'oh!

Comment

John Wayne commemerative octagon barrel winchester 30-30. great price in mint condition at a yard sale...even had the ok to buy it from the wife. Long story short I didn't get it and cried when I looked up what they were selling for.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad