Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new rifle in what caliber do you want to purchase next and for what purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarge01
    replied
    I still have my .338 Federal dies on my shelf along with several boxes of .338 Federal brass. My .338 Federal Tikka T3 Lite became trading material and just maybe I have something in my safe that may bring another .338 Federal back to me. The one I had shot really well. I shot 200 grain Hornady Interlock bullets in it.

Leave a comment:

• CoastieJim82
    replied
    Remington 783

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    Pmacco60,
    I have had 6 differnt Tikka T3 Lites. All of them have been real shooters except for a 7MM-08 and I couldn't find anything it wanted to shoot. I have another Tikka T3 .308 now because I gave my other one to my Grandson. The others went by the way as trading material and not because they didn't shoot or perform. I just can't justify the Sako 85 at this time. I have a Sako A7 in 300WSM which is my favorite rifle. I have a Remington 700CDL that is expendable and a guy that wants it bad. My buddy has a Browing X-bolt that I really like. It shoots good and is a nice looking rifle. I also like the rotary magazine. I have several boxes of Hornady .27 cal. 130 grain Interlocks and a couple boses of 130 grain Hornady SST's along with several boxes of Sierra 130 grain Game Kings.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Sarge all above rifles are great the Tikka T3's all shoot so well and no one talks about them! The Sako 85 in 270 WSM is something I have been thinking about also, lot of money to spend,we will see!

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    My only problem with my WSM is that I've yet to get into reloading, which makes it hard to find bullet selection. Although most every gun shop in my neck of the woods carries a box or two of ammo for it.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    I had a 270WSM in a Tikka T3 Lite and it became trading material for something else. My friend has a Browing X-bolt that I like real well. The Sako 85 is out of reach of my budget so I think I will get the X-bolt. I have a 300WSM that I think is one of the best all around guns today. I would just like to have another 270WSM. One of those deals where I don't need it I just want it. The other 270WSM I had was a tack driver with Hornady 130 gran SST's. I have a Nikon Buckmaster 4X12X50 to put on it.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    Sarge- I shoot a 270 wsm A-bolt with a VX-II. I like it. I don't believe I'll ever get rid of it.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    Instead of a Sako 85 in 270WSM my next firearm is going to be a Browning X-bolt in 270WSM. Don't ask me why I need it because I can't tell you why, I just want it and at my age that is all the answer you need, but it will probably kill a deer or two and maybe a hog, and maybe a coyote.

Leave a comment:

• small game sportsman
    replied
    I'm going to change my answer. I am really interested in the new Remington 783 in .308.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    Not sure just what WV laws are on hounding coyotes, but it would also be fun to bring the hounds down for a run through the mountains. Probably the garmin Astros wouldn't come in so well in the big hills!!

Leave a comment:

replied
    That sounds pretty good!

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    007 come to Maine and we can run em with hounds. Were at 24 yotes for 2013'.

Leave a comment:

replied
    A Winchester 55 grain PSP is wicked on groundhogs. You're right, the .22-250 closed the door on it. I retired mine in favor of a .220 Swift, then the coyotes moved in and the groundhogs are few and far between. I need to learn how to hunt coyotes.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    007, I had the opportunity to use a Winchester Model 70 varminter in .225 Win before Winchester discontinued production in favor of the .22-250, which is one of my favorite varmint cartridges. I was favorably impressed by the .225, but other cartridges filled the niche.
    At present, I have a Ruger #3 carbine and would like to rebarrel it with a 24-inch bead-blasted stainless barrel in .225 Win, because the Ruger #3 would be an excellent platform for it. The .225 headspaces on the shoulder, but its rim would be fine for the #3's extractor/ejector.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Ed, do you currently own a .225 or are you saying you want one? Great varmint round that never got it's due. I have a Savage 340V that used to strike terror into the local groundhog population when I was a teen, it accounted for quite a pile of them over the years.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad