Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a Mauser Action 270 that my father bought for me when I was 14. I'm trying to find out more about it. It is stamped CES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a Mauser Action 270 that my father bought for me when I was 14. I'm trying to find out more about it. It is stamped CES

I have a Mauser Action 270 that my father bought for me when I was 14. I'm trying to find out more about it. It is stamped CESKOSLOVENSKA ZBROJOVKA AS BRNO. It lacks other any of serial numbers and the stamps are quite fade. The rear of the bolt is stamped Mark II. I know that the rifle was made in Czechoslovakia but any other info would be appreciated.

You Sir have a CZ Mauser in .270Win Cal.Also called a (Brno Mauser)its a Strong Action,some Bolts were made by Remington Arms. They were imported to the USA started in 1956-1978, they sold for $300.00 back in the day. The CZ(Mini)Mauser Fox in 222Rem & .22Hornet in(NIB)$1,150+/- is Worth. Hope this Helps.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info Treestand. Picked it up from a pawn shop on my first big game hunt in MT, dad paid $400 for it. A previous owner had done a fair bit of customization to it, 22" heavy bull barrel, custom stock with curly maple inlays. It weighs right around 12 1/2 pounds with the scope on it, but it is a shooter.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad