Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to a gunbuy back today came home with something. Any one have any experiences with FN Belgian made commercial mausers? or f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to a gunbuy back today came home with something. Any one have any experiences with FN Belgian made commercial mausers? or f

Went to a gunbuy back today came home with something. Any one have any experiences with FN Belgian made commercial mausers? or for that matter universal scopes? the thing head spaced okay, magazine seems a little tight for a full length 30-06. I'll let you know how it shoots tomorrow.

I don't have any experience with them, but believe I read that many of them were used to make African Safari rifles. Sounds like a pretty good recomendation to me.

Comment

What weight bullet are you using? Factory ammo or reloads?

Comment

I had two commercial Mausers but they were made in Oberndorf.

How do you get a gun at a buy back? I thought they were destroyed.

Comment

I had a custom varmint rifle built up on a Belgian Mauser action that was superlative. I had a heavy 26-inch Douglas premium barrel installed, and mounted a 12X Unertl scope on it.
          Total weight was over 12 pounds. It was a real tack-driver.

Comment

Most of the quality custom built rifles years ago were built on FN actions. You made a good purchase.

Comment

Jhjimbo, some communities have allowed gun buyers to offer a better deal to those surrendering their guns. Buffalo NY (under a wiser and better mayor) did many years ago, and a lot of older folks got some extra cash for fine but neglected guns. The current clueless liberal mayor forbids such competition now. We even have a federal-funded toy-gun buy-back so our kids can learn a ''better'' way. Nice catch 357, I hope you enjoy your FN Mauser.

Comment

Turned in a Stevens 87a for 100$ rounded the corner saw the Mauser offered the gent 100$. He was pleased to give me the gun.

Comment

I was gonna Shoot factory ammo but havent been able to find any so I picked up some brass and some dies, so it will take longer for a range report.

Comment

I have a 26 inch heavy varmint contour Lothar Walther barrel on an M98 Mauser action for my super accurate 1000 yard rifle. My action is not as good as yours but it will put five shots in a 3.5 inch group at 1000 yards. I'd say you got yourself a mighty fine deal. Congratulations and enjoy! Glass/pillar bed it for accuracy... that action is hard to beat for accuracy with the flat based receiver and big integral recoil lug.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Recoil pads revisited
                      by Pmacc60
                      Sunday morning and I’m going through rifles because you got me thinking about this. Here is what I came up with, all are current hunting rifles and...
                      Today, 08:16 AM
                    • Recoil pads revisited
                      by dewman
                      When I was redoing the base/ring & swivel setup on the old '06 yesterday my pal sitting there with me asked if I was going to add a recoil pad. Probably...
                      Today, 07:36 AM
                    • Reply to Pelosi and the VP candidate !
                      by FirstBubba
                      As far as I'm concerned, who-(whom?)ever is selected, if Biden is elected, they will, in time, become an Obama puppet.
                      Right now, the push seems...
                      Today, 07:57 AM
                    • Pelosi and the VP candidate !
                      by bowhunter75richard
                      Pelosi states that the VP candidate is of no consequence ! Is this largely felt to be true ? In this election, I would think it to be of the utmost...
                      Today, 06:38 AM
                    • Reply to Winchester Model-12 12 Gauge Shotgun Issue
                      by FirstBubba
                      RazzRJB, I don't guess it makes much difference why it's missing. LOL! Because it isn't attached, I've had them just "fall" out unnoticed....
                      Today, 07:48 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X