No announcement yet.

How accurate are Remington Core-lokts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How accurate are Remington Core-lokts?

How accurate are Remington Core-lokts?

Depends on the rifle and the shooter. That being said, I don't own a rifle that doesn't like them. I shoot them exclusively for hunting. My Savage 110, .30-06 165 gr. PSP shoots Sub-MOA if I do my part.

Comment

I have never had real good luck with the accuracy of Remington Core Lokts.

Comment

My son's Savage 99 .308 Win shoots them better than anything else. My M700 .308 cuts small groups with them also. The two factory loads my Mark V .30-06 shoots best are Federal 165 gr Barnes TSX and Remington 180 gr Core Lokts. My '06 cloverleafs them when I don't drink too much coffee. I hunt primarily with TSX and TTSX, but the Core Lokts are great for deer if your gun shoots them well My hunting partner kills lots of elk and deer with a 7mm Rem Mag loaded with 150 gr CL's. Can't argue with that.

Comment

I have only one Rifle that likes Rem Core-Lokt, My Win M/100, all my others Rifles like Hornady Ammo.

Comment

Tree- you got some homo rifles there boy!

Comment

AAM a lot of the questions you are asking are very subjective. Core-lokts are usually good rounds but I have seen some rifles that love them and I have seen some that you could not get any consistency out of them at all. Like a lot of things like this it all depends on the conditions and rifle you are using.

Comment

I have always liked them.

Comment

They have always shot well for me, I usually use Core Lokts to sight in but I hunt with Barnes bullets.

Comment

I have had very satisfactory results using Remington Core-Lokt ammo.

Comment

In my opinion (or maybe experience), if that bullet inters within an 3 inches of the heart or lungs, you don't have to worry about accuracy within 100 yards. That is with my 30-06. You can take out the heart and lungs with one shot right in-between them.

Comment

Winchester works best for me. The Core-Lokt just don group well for me.

Comment

I have an old Rem 700 ADL that loves them (7mm mag), but it is the only rifle I've ever owned that shot them well. I'm with WAM on the Barnes TTSX for my 7mm-08, and my Win. Mod. 70 likes Hornady factory 130 gr BTSP (.270) and the jury is still out on my new Rem. 750 carbine in .308 because it doesn't cycle well and I can't start putting handloads through it because that voids the warranty, which I think is used oats, but I'll have to stick with factory ammo until they get it working right, then I'll tune it up. It sure doesn't like corelokts factory ammo in 150 or 180 gr.---gives consistent 8"-9" groups. Bleah!

Comment

I have used them to shoot a moving antelope through the heart at over 200 yds. Works for me. Pic on profile.

Comment

P.S. My .35 Whelen, a tack driver extaordinaire, shoots the 250 grain Core Lokts very well, but the 200 grain Core Lokt does not group well at all. 250's are too slow and the recoil is stiff. All depends on the rifle.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                                by crm3006
                                Wow: Lindsey Graham Refuses to Issue Big Tech Subpoenas

Un-be-lievable.

Lindsey Graham swore up and down that he would
                                Today, 05:22 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by FirstBubba
                                "... I took your advice and blocked the slimy nine and the red rodent, ..."

Welcome! It's pretty sad to rant and rave on a blog...
                                Today, 04:39 PM
                              • Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by 99explorer
                                Even if the Democrats take the White House and the Senate, it will still take 60 Senate votes to kill the filibuster, because of the filibuster!
                                Today, 03:02 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                They know IF Trump wins and holds the Senate and picks up some down ticket it will mean the end of the Dem party for at least ten years if not more....
                                Today, 02:39 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X