Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Zimmermans trial has been set to start in a few months. The defense fun is running low. It is estimated his defense wil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Zimmermans trial has been set to start in a few months. The defense fun is running low. It is estimated his defense wil

George Zimmermans trial has been set to start in a few months. The defense fun is running low. It is estimated his defense will cost in the neighborhood of $1million. Legal, expert testimony, housing and living expenses, etc. If you want to make a donation go to www.GZdefensefund.com

Personally I'd prefer to see him convicted.

Comment

Why do you want him to be convicted?

Comment

heck, I just want it to be over.

Comment

This has taken waaaayy too long to begin with. I hope he isn't convicted, because I believe he used self defense against Trayvon

Comment

Sounds to me like Trayvon stood his ground against intimidating and harassing behaviors. Then when Zimmerman got his ass handed to him in a fight with a kid he shot him. Should be an interesting trial I sure as shoot am not giving that man any of my money.

Comment

This is the not so fun side of Concealed Carry. Once you use a firearm in your defence you might have to justify it in a court and that's not cheap. Especially if it's a politically charged trail. My read on this is two dumb a$$es met in a perfect storm.

Comment

I think the outcome of this case will be referenced in future cases for years to come. Hopefully the outcome will be correct and the hold your ground clause will remain intact. This case could affect CCL holders across the country. I am not a lawyer, this is just IMHO.

Comment

The outcome of this hearing could very well modify the laws on self-defense, and possibly impact the application of the Castle Doctrine throughout the U.S.
                  This is serious stuff, affecting all of us.

Comment

But I also believe Zimmerman did some not very smart things also...

Comment

Jjjimbo - it looks like you and I were typing at the same time. Great minds think alike.

Comment

When the rest of us go looking for trouble and find it we usually have to pay our own legal bills. If he's impoverished he can get a court appointed defense. At any rate, given the high profile of his case I'm sure he has some hot shot lawyer doing it pro bono just for the publicity. I would be VERY suspicious of anyone claiming to be raising money for Zimmerman's defense. Hope you haven't sent in anything yet. Definitely don't give them your credit card number!

Comment

99explorer
                          I do not know how this will turn out but i am going to send him a few bucks anyway. Just want to see the guy get a fair trial - I keep thinking of myself in his position. If he does prevail, who does he see to get his life back?
                          O.K. your turn to type.

Comment

In any CCL class they say a gun is a way to get away from a dangerous situation, not to get out of your car when the police are on there way and confront someone. I will admit that the media ran way too far with this story but there should have never been a story in the first place. I have always been taught that a gun for protection is always used to create space between you and your attacker outdoors. Indoors it is used to get you and others ether safely outside or if not possible to get me to a rifle or shotgun to even the odds.

Comment

The only certainty in this controversial case is that the politics will most assuredly get in the way of the facts. The only hope for a fair outcome is an impartial judge, who will (hopefully), steer the lawyer speak toward facts, and dismiss attempts to wander down the path of political, racial, or anti-gun agenda. The lamestream media have already polluted the jury pool, and convicted this guy Zimmerman without so much as a court appearance. The only chance for an outcome based on any semblance of a fair and impartial trial, is a judge who allows only the facts to be presented.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad