Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a pet load for 22-250Remington? I am about to work up a load for my new Remington 700. Have about 350 rounds throu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a pet load for 22-250Remington? I am about to work up a load for my new Remington 700. Have about 350 rounds throu

Anybody have a pet load for 22-250Remington? I am about to work up a load for my new Remington 700. Have about 350 rounds through it so far and it is just about broke in. A previous Sako 22-250 i had i was using IMR4320 and that worked good, i am just trying to see if i can improve on it. Mostly shooting Sierra 52 HPBT match and Sierra 55gr.

My Remington 700 in 22-250 likes 50 gr. Nosler Ballistic tip with 33.0 gr. Reloader 10X powder. The barrel twist is 14 and a 52 or 55 grain bullet does not do well in my rifle.

Comment

I have two 22-250 rifles. One has a 1:14 twist the other 1:9. A classic load is .38 grains of H380 and 50 grain bullets. That's where the name H380 comes from. Another load is 34 grains Varget. I can shoot up to 60 grain partitions using Vihtavouri 150 and Varget. I prefer Remington Large Rifle primers but use federal as well. H380 works well with light bullets 40 to 52 grains, I use Varget with medium weight bullets 52 to 69 grains and Vihtavouri 150 for 55 to 75 grain bullets. My 1:9 twist will shoot from 40 to 75 grain bullets. These are not max loads but obviously you should start lower and work up to these charges. My rifles like Hornady Amax and Vmax along with Sierra Matchkings and Nosler Ballistic Tips.

Comment

I used to shoot a benchrest .22/250 with a 24" barrel loaded with 38grs h380 52 gr berger match.Add great sucess with 35.3 grs of 4064 same bullet.Always check a manual before loading and start on the low end and work your way up. The .22/250 is pretty easy to find a good load. I've used 3031, 4198,IMR4895,IMR4320 all with good results.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad