Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a question, but a unique experience for a parent! See first answer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a question, but a unique experience for a parent! See first answer.

Not a question, but a unique experience for a parent! See first answer.

My youngest had always shown an interest in firearms. She visited last weekend and she informed me she was building her own M4!
    While most kids her age played with dolls, she and I would disassemble, clean and reassemble various firearms.
    Here's my "proud" experience!
    During her visit, we were discussing the AR in general. I do have a DPMS and drug it out as a reference. "SHE" taught "ME" to dissasemble, clean and reassemble an AR!
    How many men have their daughter teach "THEM" how to clean a gun.
    Makes me very proud, as a parent, to have given a child an interest they carry with them into their everyday life!
    SEE ME SMILE!

Comment

BTW! The AR in my closet? It actually belongs to her big sister!

Comment

Awesome! Bubba, You raised that one right! I know she is in a dangerous proffesion but she is more than prepared and it all started at home with you. You have every right to be proud. Although a girl taught you how to assemble a gun!!!lol

Comment

+1 that is cool

Comment

The girl's got skills. Nicely done; that had to be a proud parenting moment. Were you just grinning the whole time?

Comment

According to the media and the current administration she must be a deranged individual to want to own an AR or an M4. Ha! Ha! Nice going Bubba you can be very proud of her and I think of her in her profession and pray that she remains safe it gets more dangerous every day. I couldn't believe how much more dangerous it is today then when I started 45 years ago.

Comment

I hope to God, that younger generation will have the same freedom to own firearms, when they become adults. If the mass murders continue, they will be lucky to own a shotgun for hunting.

Comment

You are a lucky man, FirstBubba.

Comment

Hey GERG! It wasn't anymore awesome than watching "beaudreaux" knocking down ducks! (Hope that "duck & dressing" was as good as I dreamed! LOL!)

Thanks everybody! It was truly awesome!

chuckles! My FACE hurt when I went to bed that night! LOL!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad