Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wayne LaPiere today "I think what they'll do is they'll turn this universal (background) check on the law-abiding into a univers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarge01
    replied
    Hoski,
    You didn't explain to me why when they check me out to buy a firearm why the Feds need the type of firearm, model, caliber, firearm serial number, make of firearm. You don't need that information to do a background check on me to determine if I can purchase a firearm legally. The only logical reason is for the Feds to be compiling a data base on who purchases a firearm and what firearm they purchased.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    jhjimbo,
    You are absolutely correct, if you think that the feds aren't building a data base with your info as to firearm make, firearm model no., rifle, shotgun or pistol, caliber, firearm s/n ,etc when you purchase a firearm then I have beach front property high in the mountains of WV to sell you. All they need to run a check is your name, DOB, and s/n I have run thousands of them over the years. During the Congressional hearing it came out that only 1.9% of firearm used in crimes came from gun shows and some of them had had background checks run on them so there goes that theroy that all illegal firearm are purchased at gun shows. The bottom line is that the arguments and reasons for gun control that the anti-gunners are using JUST DON'T ADD UP .PERIOD.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Criminals will never subject themselves to a background check. Contraindicated.
    Universal background + universal registration = universal confiscation.
    Don't believe it? Answer this, why does a background check include the make, model, and caliber of firearm? Are they checking to see if the firearm is o.k. or are they building a data base of the location of various makes of firearms? Do you want to become a pin on a map?
    Prosecute the criminals, care for the mentally ill and leave the 99.99% law abiding citizens alone.

Leave a comment:

• Hoski
    replied
    1ojolsen,
    Please refrain from using 50 cent words when corresponding with folks called bubba, it just makes their minds go all gooey.

Leave a comment:

• Hoski
    replied
    labrador12,
    "when full auto tommy guns were available to organized crime"...that's funny right there.
    As if organized crime today has trouble acquiring any form of weaponry.
    See post above for an idea of where most gang members acquire their firearms.

Leave a comment:

• Hoski
    replied
    Dbetzner,
    I don't know where you get your logic from.
    Currently, less than half of firearms purchased at local gun shows go through the background check process.
    And BTW, performing a background check does not equal a gun registry. The proposed "enhanced" background check merely compares a potential buyer against a database of convicted felons and those adjudicated as mentally unfit, alcohol or drug abusers, and those with domestic violence/restraining orders.
    Stop falling for LaPierre's ever changing paranoia about big brother. First he was all for background checks now he's opposed fearing some govt bureaucrat will compile a list of gun owners for the black helicopters to target.

Leave a comment:

• 1ojolsen
    replied
    Perhaps Bubba you like your neologism because you reside on it's opposite spectrum.
    We are in no way approaching Nazism! We do not have a failing economy. In no uncertain terms can you compare our economy to that of Germany post WW1. Its not even close. In no manner can you compare Obama with Hitler! You make a mockery of all that suffered under Hitler by doing so. Not to mention that you lose 100% of your credibility in the process.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I read lots if "pronoia". Very common with liberals.

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    And send in your contributions now "Ka Ching”.

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    Honkster, you do realize that the Chicago murder rate today, with gun control on the federal level, state level, and city level, is much higher than the murder rate was in Capone's day don't you? That's right, when full auto tommy guns were availible to organized crime less people were murdered in Chicago than today. How come more laws lead to less safety, and more crime? The government costs more and delivers less every year. I'm tired of paying for it.

Leave a comment:

• scratchgolf72
    replied
    357, disagree, we are somewhat paralleling a germany situation. collapsing economy and what not. but i think a lot of americans are going to refuse to just fall in line with a dictatorship, were not like that.

Leave a comment:

replied
    also gun ownership was legalized in German before Hitler was voted into office. So the idea of an armed populous stopping oppression based on owning guns is a pipe dream unless your populous is also motivated.

Leave a comment:

replied
    4 comments and a goodwin, so much fail in that comment.

Leave a comment:

• 1ojolsen
    replied
    Did someone just bust out Nazi up there? Good grief. Go ask a WWII vet if we are bordering on Nazism, or a concentration camp survivor or anybody who doesn't listen to Clear Channel.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Yes, labster, school shootings still happen even though kids can't keep shotguns in their lockers or in their trucks anymore. Though there's probably a helluva lot fewer of them than if they could.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad