Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wayne LaPiere today "I think what they'll do is they'll turn this universal (background) check on the law-abiding into a univers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne LaPiere today "I think what they'll do is they'll turn this universal (background) check on the law-abiding into a univers

Wayne LaPiere today "I think what they'll do is they'll turn this universal (background) check on the law-abiding into a universal registry on law-abiding people," he said. "ObamaCare wasn't a tax until they needed it to be a tax. I don't think you can trust these people." Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/03/nra-lapierre-capt-kelly-show-little-common-ground-in-possible-gun-control/#ixzz2JrZuAwcz

The fight with the anti's is going to be a tough one. Stick together and support the NRA - it is our best chance to prevail.

Comment

I don't get it. Everyone wants crazy people and dangerous drug crazed felons to be excluded from owning guns, right? But checking these guys against a list is wrong? And then there's the normal gun-owners who for whatever reason go over the edge down the road. Okay, we know they unexpectedly went nuts. But how do we know if they have guns or not unless there's a list somewhere? This is exactly one of the big reasons I OPPOSED banning the long gun registry up here in Canada. That and the fact that the registry made it nearly impossible for anyone who stole my guns to do anything with them. Now we have a registry of licensed gun owners but no way of telling what guns the licensees own if they go bonkers or decide to become career violent criminals. Hard to take their guns away if you don't know what to take. Half measures are useless.

Comment

If there was someway to get the mentally deranged into the background check system that we already have we would have 99 9/10% of the problem solved. Surely with all of the supposedly educated people we have in the government they can come up with a solution.

Comment

This is precisely the "conspiracy theory" LaPierre has pushed for the past 15 years...I'm sick of it.
          Does anyone here really think that when you buy a hunting license "they" don't know what you're doing with it? Please.
          Just for the record, I'm a NRA member for over 35 years and oppose the latest proposed ban, but enough is enough of this belief that our govt is some kind of evil entity unto itself.

Comment

hoski, OH, the problem with the background check changing is that if your a criminal are you going to go to ####sporting goods or ####gun store to buy your fire arm? no your not. your going to steal it. or buy it from someone on the street illegaly. it wont stop the criminal, it wont stop the mentaly ill. Chicago is the perfect example, retardedly strick gun laws and a high gun crime. the government has no buisness knowing what firearms I own. gun registery is the first step towards disarnment look a nazi germany.

Comment

Wait, I thought taking away machine guns was the first step towards disarmament. Happened in the 1930s but you're still buying guns at the sporting goods store today, right?

No one said registration is going to completely stop criminals and crazies from getting guns. However, it may make it difficult enough so that some of them won't or it will make possession a lot harder for them. Either way, crime would likely be reduced.

Comment

Crime and school shootings seem to still happen even though its a felony to have a jacknife in school now. Do school shootings still happen now that kids can't keep their shotguns in their lockers? Do shootings happen even though we can't keep a shotgun in the truck in the school parking lot? Does kicking a kid out of school for pointing with his finger or saying "bang" make you think schools are safer? When do you get tired of it Hoski? Honkster do you think a kid should get 5 years for having a shell loose in his truck?

Comment

Follow the money!

Comment

Yes, labster, school shootings still happen even though kids can't keep shotguns in their lockers or in their trucks anymore. Though there's probably a helluva lot fewer of them than if they could.

Comment

Did someone just bust out Nazi up there? Good grief. Go ask a WWII vet if we are bordering on Nazism, or a concentration camp survivor or anybody who doesn't listen to Clear Channel.

Comment

4 comments and a goodwin, so much fail in that comment.

Comment

also gun ownership was legalized in German before Hitler was voted into office. So the idea of an armed populous stopping oppression based on owning guns is a pipe dream unless your populous is also motivated.

Comment

357, disagree, we are somewhat paralleling a germany situation. collapsing economy and what not. but i think a lot of americans are going to refuse to just fall in line with a dictatorship, were not like that.

Comment

Honkster, you do realize that the Chicago murder rate today, with gun control on the federal level, state level, and city level, is much higher than the murder rate was in Capone's day don't you? That's right, when full auto tommy guns were availible to organized crime less people were murdered in Chicago than today. How come more laws lead to less safety, and more crime? The government costs more and delivers less every year. I'm tired of paying for it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad