Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excluding shotgun, approx. how much centerfire/rimfire do you shoot in a year? Do you shoot in activities at a club? Do you rel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excluding shotgun, approx. how much centerfire/rimfire do you shoot in a year? Do you shoot in activities at a club? Do you rel

Excluding shotgun, approx. how much centerfire/rimfire do you shoot in a year? Do you shoot in activities at a club? Do you reload? How many calibers do you shoot/reload for? What is the caliber rifle/pistol that is your favorite? How many rounds do you reload in a year? Do you shoot varmints? How many rounds for varmints? How many years of shooting/reloading experience do you have? What is the next caliber for rifle/pistol you would like to have? What firearm have you fired the most rounds through? Just curious. jhjimbo

To start off, i have been shooting over 55 years and reloading for over 40. Reloading up to 3,000 per year in 12 calibers. I shoot at a club in bowling pins, silhouette, IDPA. Rifle calibers i shoot about 400 per year , varmints about 400-500. .22 about 500 and .22mag about 100. My favorite calibers are .40s&w, 6.5x55 and .22-250, 44mag. My most used rifle is a Rem 700 in 30-06 about 2500 rounds. Rem 700 22-250 new with only 300 at this time. My next purchase will be the .17Super Mag.

Comment

That sounds Great!...But my Pick would the 17/Hornet over the 17/S-mag, No more Reloading for me Hornady Now loads the 17/Hornet...

Comment

Treestand- pmacc60 was trying to find ya a few pages back in the answers section. He thought you had a gun for sale he'd like to buy.

Comment

200, no, yes, 6, .35 Whelen, 200, no, zero, 50, got 'em all, M-16/CAR-15.

Comment

Pray-hunt-work: Thank you,I do take some time off, I don't use this site to buy or sell Fire arms. I do put Questions up on the big screen in my shop for the "Coffee Pot Boys" that come in the shop every Day.

Comment

When I was big game hunting, it was a rare year when I shot more than half a dozen rounds in the field and only as much as needed on the range to ensure the gun was sited in (that varied). As you can see, I usually made those half dozen rounds count!

Comment

WAM-I'm stealing your format
                At least 1,000, no, yes, 5 (22-250 Rem, 240 Weatherby Magnum, .270 Win, 308 Win and 30-06 Springfield), At least 1,000 centerfire and 1,000 22lr), yes occaisionally ,maybe 40, 30 years shooting about 10 reloading, .257 Weatherby Magnum or .264 Win Mag, Savage 22-250 LRPV.

Comment

my favorite gun is my savage 93r17 17hmr, that i got for xmas. i shoot it every day that im home. Next is my mossberg 702 plinkster i shoot that when i just want to do some plinking. i probably shoot around 2000 22lr and about a box of 17hmr every 2 weeks.

Comment

OntarioHonker
                    You sound like a friend of mine, a guide in the Adirondaks. We were going to hunt black bear one afternoon and i did not have a rifle. He loaned me a Winchester 71 .348 in about 98% condition. The he gave me 3 shells and said don't miss. LOL

Comment

How much shooting each year? Now that I am retired, am at the range 2-3 times per week. I hunt approximately 100 days per year, excluding travel. These are days actually on the ground. No club activities, though recently participated in a charity shoot, 100 yards off African sticks which I won.
                      Do I reload? Yes, for 65 years. Have no idea how many calibers, but everything from 22-250 through 500 Jeffery, including several wildcats. Do not Handload as much as I used to, do to better factory ammo, old age, and health issues. Have know idea how many rounds loaded per year.
                      Am trying to cut down on rifle inventory, rather than increase it.
                      What rifle have I fired the most rounds through? Obviously 22LR, followed by 22-250. For big game a 300 Win Mag and 416 Rigby.
                      Being a gun nut, I use many more different calibers than I need to for hunting.

Obviously, in my retirement I do not play golf or tennis. Nor do I go on cruises, ball room dance, nor play bridge.

Kindest Regards To All

Comment

This "smart machine" changed the spelling on two words. "do " should have been due, and "know" should have been no. Sorry

Comment

When I grow up, I want to be Happy Myles! All the best to you in 2013, and I wish you successful hunts whenever you go afield. I enjoy your writing.
                          Ed

Comment

Mr Palumbo,
                            Thank you. I have been a very lucky man. Have made plenty of mistakes, but have always kept my priorities straight. Have worked hard so that I could afford to hunt.
                            Did I mention I used to SCUBA dive with my son and daughter? I know you enjoy that sport. Hope some of my luck rubs off on you. All The Best

Comment

WoW..When I grow up I want to be like you Ed!!!
                              Happy 2013..T-Stand

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad