Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

went to a hunting expo today, and while looking at a gun section there was a box of 30 round AR mags. so i thought to myself i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went to a hunting expo today, and while looking at a gun section there was a box of 30 round AR mags. so i thought to myself i

went to a hunting expo today, and while looking at a gun section there was a box of 30 round AR mags. so i thought to myself i better buy a few. they were 30 bucks a pop, yes i know extremely overpriced. figured i may not get another chance to buy them if there was a ban...good decision?

they were wilson mags so they werent junk ones either.

Comment

I suppose you made the vendor happy.
      Just curious, what do they go for regularly?

Comment

I dunno. If you wouldn't normally have bought them, why buy them now? Sounds to me like you already had a couple anyway. Clip type magazines don't seem to wear out very easily, my experience anyway. And I put mine through the wringer (760 Remington and Marlin .22).

Comment

Around the area at gun shows they have been going for $50. You made a good purchase.

Comment

I don't suppose Hoski or Honk ever heard about "investing".
            I'd say, "Good investment scratch!"

Comment

Great idea, if you plan on selling them later or needed or wanted them anyway. Of course, you'd better either sell them soon or keep a close watch on the legislation - if they don't get banned, you'll never make your money back.

Comment

fez

Unless you pay outlandish prices, guns, ammo and gun equipment is a good investment and you won't lose money!

Comment

I probably would have bought as many as I could afford and sold a bunch on gun broker.

Comment

if i had the money i would have cleaned house, here they were 4/$100 bucks.

sarge i heard at gun shows in PA they were going for $50 bucks a mag.

hoski, before the run, you could pick them up for around 15 bucks.

bubba this is not really an investment money wise, theres a little part of me that is looking at where the country is going and wants to prepare for the worst, aka civil war. i think a few extra magazines wouldnt hurt. call me nuts but just look at where we are.

Comment

Far as I'm concerned, scratch, you're preaching to the choir! I'm in full agreement!
                      With the current situation in America, I think it's a superb idea. Anybody that's buying Obabble's "sales pitch" really needs to wake up.

Comment

I was at Sportsman's warehouse friday and there were about twenty people in line just to see if any 30 round mags. had come in on the shipment. This was in Colorado Springs and I have never seen so many people buying hand guns and ammo. They were buying primers and ammo before they could get them on the shelves.

Comment

I remembered my gunsmith who does business at gunshows told me at the last show at Chantilly, Va. the 20 round were going for $50 and the 30 round were going for $75. I remembered after I made the first post so you did make a good purchase.

Comment

Scratch,
                            With the outlook of a ban looking dimmer and dimmer by the day, sounds like you paid double.
                            No skin off my nose, if you're happy that's all that matters.
                            As far as participating in the "up coming civil war", I'd recommend refraining from silliness.
                            The thought that a guy named Scratch, or Skeeter, or bubba holding off a real military assault is stuff for HollyWood. Can't decide whether it's a comedy or a tragedy yet. And by tragedy I mean the naiveté.

Comment

Just curious, were you at the Huntin Time Expo at the Delta Plex?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to lightfoot lindsey graham
                                by jhjimbo
                                Jack and Mike are comming to D.C. tomorrow.
                                Obama investigation and related investigations is being quarterbacked by Barr.

Congratulations...
                                Today, 11:58 AM
                              • lightfoot lindsey graham
                                by crm3006
                                Fox’s Lou Dobbs slams Lindsey Graham, ‘betrayed the American people’

October 24, 2020

Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs had some harsh...
                                Yesterday, 08:19 AM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                Best way to take the heat off AR type rifles is to show more pictures of AR's with game taken in various hunting articles, show more AR's in the hands...
                                Today, 11:51 AM
                              • Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                              • Reply to biden corruption! This is some serious stuff.
                                by crm3006
                                "So SANTA is fake"

Oh ye of little faith, and an overload of cynicism! Santa exists, and is proven to exist, every Christmas! Santa...
                                Today, 11:32 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X