Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been saving all my milk money to buy a new Browning A-bolt. Now I see they're coming out with a third generation. Does an

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been saving all my milk money to buy a new Browning A-bolt. Now I see they're coming out with a third generation. Does an

I've been saving all my milk money to buy a new Browning A-bolt. Now I see they're coming out with a third generation. Does anyone know if they'll continue the A-bolt II? Anyone know where I can find more info about the new one? Details are pretty limited right now.

I ws looking at the Browning rifles and it appears that the X Bolt is a substantial improvement over the A Bolt. You may want to check it out. Go to Browning's web site.

Comment

Call me old school, but I don't like the X-bolt. That cheap plastic magazine makes the whole thing look cheap. I already have a 30-06 A-bolt but its too pretty to take out and scratch up. I want a new one with a synthetic stock, that I can add a bi-pod, spray paint camouflage, and then paddle a canoe with. I'm wondering if the new A-bolt III is Quality rifle, or a cheap entry level one like the Ruger American or Thomson Encore.

Comment

That cheap plastic magazine keeps the gun light and makes carrying it easier. I don't think you have to worry about it ever breaking.

Comment

For some of you fellas that are of the baby boomer generation that think "made in Japan" and "cheap plastic" were dirty words to describe inferior products, you might want to reexamine modern polymers used in detachable magazines, trigger guards, lower frame on autoloader pistols, etc. Some are almost as strong as steel and certainly more durable than the aluminum and pot metal used in some appications. Just sayin'

Comment

I will put my polymer mags for my Tikka T3 Lite up against any other mag. I have used them for years and have never had a feeding problem. I have had metal mags that I have had a problem with but never with the Tikka mags . Some of the finest fighter jets that we have are made with some polymer parts, I think they will hold up in my hunting rifle. Agree with you WAM on this one, I bet the guy who dosen't like polymer mags loves Glocks, just saying.

Comment

I bought my A-bolt almost 25 years ago and it still is one of my best rifles. If the new models are an improvement you will have spent your money wisely.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad