Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How high have prices gotten for AR style rifles and ammo if you can find them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How high have prices gotten for AR style rifles and ammo if you can find them?

How high have prices gotten for AR style rifles and ammo if you can find them?

If you want to get an idea, go on gunbroker.com

Comment

If you can find ammo for MSR's(modern sporting rifles, it is of the obscure type, and it is expensive, about 30-40% over 3 months ago. MSR's are running 200 to 300% mark up with long lead times. bide your time or see if anyone is panic selling in the north east.

Comment

Many of them have almost doubled in price. However many of the gun stores in my area still sell at normal prices and have limited 1 AR per customer, w/ limits on ammo & mag sales, because of the sharks coming in buying up all of it then turning around trying to double the prices. There is going to be alot of people with 4-5 AR's in their safe because they couldn't sell them, then again they could make $$$ if the ban does take effect.

Comment

The prices in my area are not rising much if any but good luck finding it! Its not only .223 ammo though its everything. It's hard to get any ammo. Everything is sold out.

Comment

I have found that ammo prices have trippled and in some cases even more than that if you can find it. I bought a Super Match back in Sept2012 with upgrades for $1600. I saw the exact same rifle on gunbroker last week bid up to $3000 and reserve was not met. Now with the ban preposal that was suggested again as of yesterday.I am sure that AR's will increase in value 3 fold this time if not more like they did the last ban when they doubled in value.

Comment

Not a single one to be had anywhere in my town at any price.

Comment

Hi Jhjimbo,
                I bought a .223 Smith & Wesson AR-15 with picitanny rails, front and rear folding sights for $1,200.00. There are only three gun shops in my area in Tennessee and none of them have any .223 AR's in stock. They don't even know when they will get any and if they do; I am told they'll go for at least $1,800.00 for the rifle alone. .223 ammunition is sold in these shops with a limit of 3 boxes per customer per day. ANY high bullet capacity weapon is selling for at least a one to two hundred dollars more that what it was just a year ago.

Comment

I guess anything like a AR is out of the question at this time.
                  I did see one on the sportsman channel that looked interesting - it looked like a AR 15 in left handed.
                  if the film was not reversed, someone is making a left handed model?

Comment

saw a used dpms .308 ( retail $900) sell for 1800 last week at a pawn shop. ammo- can't find anything worth buying. I can't even find .22 LR

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad