Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My question today is this: How will all this weapons talk in Washington affect me. I live in Mississippi. Please don't fill me w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My question today is this: How will all this weapons talk in Washington affect me. I live in Mississippi. Please don't fill me w

My question today is this: How will all this weapons talk in Washington affect me. I live in Mississippi. Please don't fill me with wild conspiracy theories about how Obama and the CIA and Al-Qaeda are in cahoots to take my guns so they can raise the oil prices even higher

Mostly, the talk, (and at this stage it is only talk), will affect your ability to buy ammunition, and certain AR type firearms. (AR-Armalite Rifle, and clones). At present, the Supreme Court will not allow Obummer's "executive orders" to become law, and the Democratic controlled Senate is well aware that "Gun Control" means loss of votes in certain major constituencies. Any measure that will assume the force of Federal law must first pass both the House and Senate. This takes time, and time, hopefully, will allow some sanity to return to all the Demoncrats, pundits, liberals, ad nauseum, who are screaming for all these unconstitutional measures.
    Right now, the major effect has been a panicked run on ammunition, rifles, reloading components, dies, and anything else associated with firearms. These will be in short supply and a lot of price gouging going on out there.

Comment

OK, I won't tell you that.

Comment

Obama and other persons and agencies (some dubious) are in cahoots. Make no mistake about that,... and the do want to take your guns. Deny it if you like.

Comment

Obama is just stimulating the economy with the rush for guns and ammo that he created.
          I really don't think you should worry about anything like that from state. Our local police chief said "if you think we will be taking any guns away from anybody, you are fired".
          redfishunter- Do you hunt ducks? If so in what county? You might be able to help me with some questions about Mississippi waterfowl hunting.

Comment

February 13, 2013 the US Supreme Court has the Obama case on it's docket to settle birther case. To determine once and for all if Obama meets the natural born citizenship criteria to be president?
            Depending on how they rule could change everything.
            For more information Google US Supreme Court docket.

Comment

jhjimbo, where are you getting your information? The Supreme Court is NOT hearing the birther appeal, and the Ninth Circuit decision stands. The court is not even in sessin on February 13.

Comment

Greenhead I believe this was a AP release. February 15, 2013 I do not make things up.

Finally! A Supreme Court Birth Ruling. Chief Justice John Roberts grants Taitz a Supreme Court conference.
                Finally! A Supreme Court Birth Ruling. Chief Justice John Roberts grants Taitz a Supreme Court conference.
                by KCurtis Posted January 10, 2013
                Related Topics: Supreme Court, Obama, Barack Obama, Attorney General, Social Security, Date, Party, United States, Margarita, Law, Social, Birth Certificate, Evidence, Court, California, Birth, Press, Orly Taitz

January 9 2013, Press Release

Law offices of Orly Taitz

Chief
                Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States John Roberts
                scheduled a case by attorney Orly Taitz dealing with Barack Hussein
                Obama’s use of forged IDs to be heard in conference before the full
                Supreme Court. The case titled Noonan, Judd, MacLeran, Taitz v Bowen
                provides a mountain of evidence of Barack Obama using a last name not
                legally his, forged Selective Service application, forged long form and
                short form birth certificate and a Connecticut Social Security number
                042-68-4425 which was never assigned to him according to E-Verify and
                SSNVS. Additionally, this case provides evidence of around one and a
                half million invalid voter registrations in the state of California
                alone.

No. 12A606
                Title:
                Edward Noonan, et al., Applicants
                v.
                Deborah Bowen, California Secretary of State
                Docketed: December 13, 2012
                Lower Ct: Supreme Court of California
                Case Nos.: (S207078)
                ~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Dec 11 2012 Application (12A606) for a stay, submitted to Justice Kennedy.
                Dec 13 2012 Application (12A606) denied by Justice Kennedy.
                Dec 26 2012 Application (12A606) refiled and submitted to The Chief Justice.
                Jan 9 2013 DISTRIBUTED for Conference of February 15, 2013.
                Jan 9 2013 Application (12A606) referred to the Court.
                ~~Name~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~Address~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~Phone~~~
                Attorneys for Petitioner:
                Orly Taitz 29839 Santa Margarita Pkwy (949) 683-5411
                Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
                Party name: Edward Noonan, et al.
                Attorneys for Respondent:
                Kamala Harris Attorney General (916) 445-9555
                P. O. Box 944255
                Sacramento, CA 94244-2550
                Party name: Deborah Bowen, California Secretary of State

Comment

Unless Obama's "mother" renounced her "citizenship" prior to his birth, he is "legally" a US citizen. Even born outside the US, any child with one US citizen parent is a "US citizen"!

Be concerned that there are those out "there" who will stop at nothing to remove firearms from American society. Keep that in mind and you should be okay.
                  It's kinda like sitting on a deer stand or in a duck blind! Sometimes you see 'em coming, sometimes you don't! Gun owning Americans must be ever vigilant in "keeping" our Second Amendment rights.

Comment

First Bubba
                    There must be enough substance to the complaint for the Chief Justice to grant a Conference. I do not know how that works, just have to wait and see what happens on February 15. I did read somewhere the Conference will be before all the Justices so it should be interesting. Jim

Comment

I'm not going "plinking" until ammo prices go down.

Comment

I know you aren't making that up, but the info is really misleading and certainly not from the AP. That post is from the website of the crackpot lawyer who is bringing the case. The Supreme Court is never going to hear it. They have scheduled it for a "conference" along with about 10,000 other cases. Of those, they will hear less than 1%. This controversy is dead.

Comment

John Roberts is working on his Tea Party street cred.

Comment

Matt that is a unknown issue at this point. As of an hour ago it would effect mag capacity, No AR's, Some handguns. The thing is this is going to be another Obamacare bill, where you won't know whats in it until it is passed! Look the other way if you may but be prepared to have your world flipped upside down. To those who think nothing will happen your fools of the highest order!

Comment

We would all like to know how much of the American freedom some of of us fought to preserve we will lose by the time the dust clears on this one. Yours is the $64 question. If there is a silver lining to all this lunacy, his threat of a gun grab stimulated the economy where his Stimulus Package failed. I just wish that next time he pulls a stunt like this he gives the manufacturers and wholesalers a heads up in advance so supply could keep up with demand. But then, he never did understand basic economics.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad