Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was recently in a large gun shop and looked at a Savage Axis, seemed like a good gun the action was smooth, barrel looked alri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was recently in a large gun shop and looked at a Savage Axis, seemed like a good gun the action was smooth, barrel looked alri

I was recently in a large gun shop and looked at a Savage Axis, seemed like a good gun the action was smooth, barrel looked alright but when I went to pull the trigger it went click, click, SNAP! and just wasn't very smooth, I have never owned a Savage and am just wondering if this is standard for their rifles. Now I am not picky nor am is my shooting drastically affected by a creepy trigger, but I was surprised to find this on a rifle of such good report and high accuracy.

The Axis is a POS. Other savages get very good results. I personally don't like the looks of the savage, specifically the bolt.

Comment

I would concur with jay. The other savages have the accu-trigger which is pretty decent and they have good barrels making them accurate, but to me they are ugly rifles.

Comment

Ditto. The Accutrigger is a thing of beauty. The Axis is not but what do you expect for a few hundred bucks? I'm sure they get the job done. The consensus over the last couple of years on here seems to be folks feel like it is worth ponying up the money for the Accutrigger.
        I have two rifles with the Accutrigger and they are light and crisp as you could ask for.

Comment

People may sell an accurate rifle but they WILL sell a poor shooting one so the odds at a show are mathematically against a tack driver. Especially a lower end weapon. I try to buy new when I can or from a dealer I trust. Mainly because I have never let a real shooter go but have dumped a few lemons.

Comment

I am not sure that I would categorize a cheap POS like the Axix as a rifle of good report....

Comment

The Axis is an entry level rifle and like all things you get what you pay for.

Comment

My Savage has an Accu-trigger that is very nice with a clean break. Everything about that rifle is nice.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                  by 99explorer
                  CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
                  Anybody
                  Today, 01:09 AM
                • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                  by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
                  Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                  by 99explorer
                  Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                  Today, 12:57 AM
                • The George Floyd case.
                  by FirstBubba
                  Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                  Minnesota...
                  Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                  by crm3006
                  My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                  Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X