Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of all the guns sold since the brady bill thru to the post Sandy Hook incident, how many buyers will actually shoot them or even

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of all the guns sold since the brady bill thru to the post Sandy Hook incident, how many buyers will actually shoot them or even

Of all the guns sold since the brady bill thru to the post Sandy Hook incident, how many buyers will actually shoot them or even have a clue how to operate them? Has the use of gun ranges increased at the same rate of sales.

My point is, I had at least 4 friends that wanted me to help them puchase a hand gun before the Brady Bill took affect. There were conditions, They must shoot at least 100 rounds with me at a range,they must know how to disassemble and clean it and reassemble it. I didn't want to be responsible for an accidental shooting.

Comment

The one public range that we have in our county has difinetly picked up business in the past 10 years. I used to go there and be able to shoot by myself. Now you can go there any day of the week at any time of the day and most always there will be people there, and I have seen the popularity of handguns soar in the last 10 years. Also you never saw an AR on the range but now someone has one there about every time I am at the range.

Comment

TV
        While I understand completely, I don't necessarily agree.
        Personally, I'm not overly concerned with whether the ever unpack their new gun or not. Actually "making" the purchase adds substance to the 2S.
        That said!
        If you have to make "that" a condition of purchase, they don't deserve to make such a purchase.

Comment

"...adds substance to the 2A!..." mea culpa!

Comment

Im not so sure about range time but I know that my boss is a NRA certified instructor and he has had to increase the number of classes he gives each month because attendance has tripled in the last month

Comment

The gun club had a ladies only day. A chance for the women to learn about all types of firearms and spend time on the range. The club expected about 25 ladies, over 100 showed up.
              If a individual gets a CCL in Ohio, in addition to classroom they spend 1/2 day on the range.

Comment

The silver lining is that if and when the dust settles there will be a good supply of lightly used, like new second hand ARs on the market. At least these panic sales kept these firearms from being walked across the border into Mexico in a Fast and Furious II project.

Comment

Having observed the ninnies buying guns that they absolutely know nothing about, I would agree that most will rust in peace. Tell someone that they can no longer buy grape Kool Aid and they will run out and buy all they can carry even if they don't like to drink it.

Comment

Oh, for a case of "Twinkies"! Especially if they're marked "Hostess"!

Comment

Sourdough and WAM; I don’t usually agree with you, but you nailed it this time.

And to stay out of the politics, of all these nut ball shootings and accidents how many were done by people who got their firearms training by movies and TV? Most of them.

My 20 some y.o. son in law nephew asked me for a firearm. I said; deer rifle? Great. I have one perfect for you. Just take a hunter safety course and we are all set. We can hunt together. Nope, he says; he wants a handgun. Automatic. Nope I say. Hunter safety course or no gun. Still no answer 2 years later.

Comment

Sorry Son in law. Nephew was another story.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                          by 99explorer
                          CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
                          Anybody
                          Today, 01:09 AM
                        • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                          by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
                          Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                        • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                          by 99explorer
                          Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                          Today, 12:57 AM
                        • The George Floyd case.
                          by FirstBubba
                          Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                          Minnesota...
                          Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                        • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                          by crm3006
                          My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                          Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X