Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is something to watch about the gun control debate that I didn't think of and I bet many of you too! In New York Gov. Cuomo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is something to watch about the gun control debate that I didn't think of and I bet many of you too! In New York Gov. Cuomo

Here is something to watch about the gun control debate that I didn't think of and I bet many of you too! In New York Gov. Cuomo effectively banned all semi-automatic handguns and rifles by limiting them to a maximum of 7 rounds. Now name all the semi-auto's with 7 round max capacity (not 7+1).

I think the seven-round limitation applies to the magazine, and not the gun. It will be legal to own a ten-round magazine, just so long it is never loaded with more than seven rounds.
    A magazine with a capacity exceeding ten rounds,whether loaded or empty, would be subject to the restrictions of the new law.

Comment

I also understand the "7 round" restriction in NY applies to tje NYPD and all LEOs in the state!

Comment

99, You are partially incorrect your firearm cannot be capable of excepting more than 7 rounds including magazines. It would be kind of stupid to allow 30 round mags and tell someone your only allowed to load 7 rounds! It is a straight up ban. You do have the grandfather clause however they are discussing that right now.

Comment

They are trying to exempt LEOs. They need more rounds than we do. They may have to protect someone important and most of them can't shoot for ****. Yes I know sarcasm is not nice.

Comment

The county next to mines sheriff department just openly stated it refused to inforce the new gun control laws, seen it this morning,

Comment

All you need to do is put a rivet or pin in the lower end of a magazine in the proper location to prevent more than 7 rounds. No brainer! Get a wheelgun!

Comment

WAM, I seriously doubt brains were much of a factor in any of this anti-gun fertilizer.

Comment

The Glock 36, .45 has a max. of 7 rounds total. But if I know the NY gun control people, they probably have special restrictions on Glocks anyway.

Comment

I'm sure the gun gadget industry will jump right on board with all kinds of kits to change old magazines. And, of course, look for them to also manufacturer and happily sell you new magazines that meet the requirement.

Comment

Only one I know of off the top of my head is the S&W body guard. It only has a 6 round mag. I cannot believe they would limit the law enforcement officers as well. I think a lot of officers would quit their jobs over that. I am sure they will exempt them in the long run. I sure hope this does not spread all over the place and if it does I wounder how many states will pull a Colorado and put it in the state constitution that it is legal?

Comment

The way the new law reads, it bans the possession of magazines that hold more than ten rounds, and it creates a new ban on magazines that hold more than seven rounds.
                        Ten-round magazines that are currently owned will be grandfathered in, but may contain only seven rounds of ammo.
                        It sounds silly to place a limit on how many rounds may be placed in a magazine that has a capacity to hold more, but that is preferable to a ban that would force the owners to dispose of them altogether.

Comment

99 One more question. The way I read it AR-15s are not banned. They just have to be registered. In the future they will be for sale albeit at inflated prices. If purchased in the 50 Beowulf caliber it already comes in a stock 7 round magazine.

Comment

Josh G - I hope other law enforcement agencies follow suit. Under the new laws just about every gun owner in the state was made a criminal at the stroke of a pen. That's ridiculous!

Comment

I'd be careful of thee 10 round Mag with only 7 in it. I'm going to see if I can get a couple 5 round mags for my AR to take to the range, and keep anything larger out of sight.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad