Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there such a shortage of 22 LR ammo right now? I just wanted to shoot a few targets and can't find any here in Northeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually have 1500 rounds here, good thing.

Comment

not selling ammo will not be buying hunting lencenses

Comment

in madisonville ky is selling 22 lr winchester wildcat 22 lr for 17.oo a box of fifety

Comment

Upsetting Update - Did some local research to find out why Bass Pro, Wal-Mart, Dicks, didn't have ammo...the answers were aggrivating to say the least. What's happening is we're all willing to pay too much for AMMO. When I asked folks at the local retail shops what happens when ammo arrives, they said "local Gun Shop owners and their employees are standing in line"...yes, your friendly local Gun Shop Owners. When I asked one of these owners, he said "yep, I just spent 250,000 dollars on retail ammo and am reselling it online and at the store".... So, as long as we are willing to pay 30.00 a box for 22lr, these folks will be first in line to clean off the retail shelfs so they can resell it to you. SPREAD THE WORD - DON'T PAY THESE PRICES, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR LOCAL GUN SHOPS ARE THE ONES STICKING IT TO YA...

Comment

Every arcane little branch of government that has an armed force buys millions of rounds of it for "practice." Yes, even .22lr. Most of it probably sits in warehouses. Engineered scarcity to drive up prices. We fall for it and buy everything that shows up driving up the price further.

Comment

My local gun store owner and shooting expert (Austin, TX) says that there is fear of an excise tax on ammo soon. That sounds rational, but to me unlikely.

Then there are the "enthusiasts" who are preparing for Armageddon. I spoke with one while at the gun store and he informed me that when the end times come he plans to get out of town with as many rounds as he can, to last for years foraging in the wild with his family. That's why he has stockpiled 10,000 rounds of 22 ammo. I wish him luck; think I would rather have a shotgun.

Comment

I'm switching to my pellet rifle for practice rounds until the panic buying is over.

Comment

Is in short supply because, well theres' several reasons.[1] Lots of men and women are buying handguns and A R 15 that are 22.,,women for protection, and men for target practice and protection, every time walmart gets a case in , its gone in 60 seconds .{2} people are hoarding it up and trying to double and triple there money on it ,, people need to stop paying outrageous prices for it and the price will go down,and the stock will build up .[3] the U S A government is turning more and more into a Mafia, dictatorship gov'and one day there may be a revolt and we may need our guns and ammo to protect ourselves and our families from the actual crooked ass lawmakers themselves , when they send the army to take away your guns and ammo.[4]There is more and more lawlessness in this country since we take in all scumm from all over the world , allow murderers ,thieves, rapist , drug dealers to go free, BILL B.

Comment

RESPONING TO PAUL HARRIS'S COMENT .Yes your friendly gun shops are hoarding it up and blowing the prices to the moon ,i'm with you let it sit on the shelves and collect dust , the prices will go down .

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Apologies
                      by FirstBubba
                      You guys are so wrong!
                      Don't you understand?
                      If the head is on the wrong end of the nail, it goes on the other side of the house!
                      Today, 10:48 AM
                    • Apologies
                      by Pmacc60
                      I must apologize to Honk, Rock Rat and 99 ! Today I watched and really listened to the inauguration and commentary on ABC. I realize I am a White Suprematist...
                      Yesterday, 08:22 PM
                    • Finally after 35 years of looking I found one.
                      by Milldawg
                      Well it’s not fancy it’s beretta 950b .22 short. It’s the same type of pistol I learned to shoot a pistol with as wee lad. This one was passed to...
                      Today, 08:31 AM
                    • Reply to Finally after 35 years of looking I found one.
                      by jhjimbo
                      Nice family heirloom to keep in the family.
                      For leather I wash all my leather holsters in K-1. Soak them in clean K-1 and then let them drain and...
                      Today, 10:16 AM
                    • Reply to Finally after 35 years of looking I found one.
                      by FirstBubba
                      Is that the one with the barrel that pops up in the back to load the first round?
                      Knew a guy who had one. Always wanted to make an offer on it,...
                      Today, 09:42 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X