Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there such a shortage of 22 LR ammo right now? I just wanted to shoot a few targets and can't find any here in Northeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there such a shortage of 22 LR ammo right now? I just wanted to shoot a few targets and can't find any here in Northeast

Why is there such a shortage of 22 LR ammo right now? I just wanted to shoot a few targets and can't find any here in Northeast Indiana.

Have you watched the news or read the paper?

Comment

Lance Armstrong took em all and gave them to Joe Biden.

Comment

I don't think anybody really knows why .22 is one of the calibers thats hard to find right now but my guess is that if there was a ban on the amount of ammo you can have then people are stocking up on .22 because you use more of it. For example, if a law was passed where you could have no more than 500 rounds of ammunition it makes more sense to stock up on .22 before said ban instead of something like .30-06.

Comment

Lemmings.

Comment

Chuckles, exactly.

Comment

People are scrambling to get as much as they can because they are afraid "someone" is going to ban them. They are the same way where I am.

Comment

It was the same four years ago. I learned then...wait until supplies and prices go back to normal and stock up. Have you been in a gun store lately...feels like black Friday!

Comment

It is like that everywhere... Even Walmart is not ordering any more ammo till all of this is settled. From what I have seen you may still be able to find the small boxes of 100 in a few places and the prices are not too bad, but the value packs of 500 are gone just about every where I go.

Comment

I've been to every gun shop in and around Athens, GA looking for .22lr ammo. The only .22lr ammo you can find here is the expensive match grade ammo and sub sonic ammo. Good enough for plinking, but I probably wouldn't hunt with it. You can find some on Gun Broker, but look to buy a case, and don't expect to get it for anything less than $400.

Comment

.22 lr is the most popular rifle. Whenever a threat is made to the 2nd amendment like right now, people go out and buy bulk. Can't blame them. I live in Dekalb county, i'm going out today to find 12 gauge ammo. I'll look for you and let you know.

Comment

Sorry, couldn't find anything but shorts.

Comment

Since AR knockoffs hit sales floors in small caliber sizes, there has been an increase in small caliber semi-auto arms/ammo sales. Mix that with the word "BAN" and you've got the perfect recipe for no availiblity and high prices...every AR and doomsdayer is racing to stockpile ammo. Same thing happened in 2009, I just hope the prices come down after they're back on the shelf... If you want to stockpile, plan ahead; help yourself and others by doing it over time, don't wait until you hear the word BAN.

Comment

I just came back from a visit to Valparaíso, Chile, and I could not believe how cheap and plentiful ammunition was. A stronger surprise was the fact that the community was full of Firearm enthusiasts. There where kids walking around with rusty old first generation Ruger Blackhawks and S&W 39-2's on cowboy styled hip holsters. They had a ton of old guns and new. I saw a ridiculous amount of Mini-14 ranch rifles and even a bunch of super fancy competition shotty's like Berettas remington overunders. The majority of guns I saw were really old but really pretty spanish semi-auto pistols. I found a guy at a booth selling hand loads and I could not believe the variety or THE PRICES. He was selling .22wmr 50 rounds a box for 350 pecos thats about 75¢ in U.S. dollars. He even had .454 casull for pennies. The sad thing was that a gallon of clean drinking water coaster more than a box of .357. I also noticed a big community of Ex-pats from the U.S. and it didn't take long to figure out why they where there. Beautiful women, cheap food, cheap beer, and seriously amazingly great people. They have rifle clubs and target competitions, community festivals. I couldn't believe how mellow it was. I may just have to follow the paths of those Ex-pats if it gets any crazier here in the states. Chile was like the Wild West, but only in appearance. There is a lot beautiful people ,happy and full of life and even better they love guns!! I thought I was dreaming, but it was real and I'm missing Valparaíso
                            More and more everyday.

Comment

Because Obama is a BACKSTABBING BF TRAITOR THAT'S WHY!
                              OBAMA IS THE ENEMY!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad