Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check this out. It sure is good to know that gun owners do intact have some law makers on their side. Although this article only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out. It sure is good to know that gun owners do intact have some law makers on their side. Although this article only

Check this out. It sure is good to know that gun owners do intact have some law makers on their side. Although this article only pertains to Missouri and Wyoming. Anybody elses' state legislators doing something similar? http://www.komu.com/news/gun-bill-would-make-future-federal-gun-laws-illegal-in-mo-/

Gun owners do *in fact*

Comment

I'm not a lawyer but I think any federal law will supersede any conflicting state law. I know Colorado voted mary-jane as a legal substance but it is still illegal because the feds say so.

Comment

Senator Mike Enzy from Wyoming is a God send to gun owners everywhere, I just wish there were more politicians like him in every state. We are stuck with a couple real tools in MT and I wish we had not split our republican vote.

Comment

Any state that has ONE Democrat elected to state-wide or Federal office is off my list as potential relocation spots. Sadly, I think that leave Wyoming and Nebraska...

Comment

Jay, it's my understanding that this law would make it a felony for a law enforcement officer to enforce any federal law that would ban semi automatic firearms or high cap magazines. Besides, in short, the 10th amendment grants powers not specifically granted to the federal government to the states or the people. Nowhere in the constitution does it grant the federal government the right to restrict gun ownership ect. Therefore the power still lies with the states.

Comment

In a letter to the White House; Texas, Oregon and Mississippi have warned the White House they are not going to enforce additional federal gun laws. Texas warned that any federal agent sent to Texas would be arrested.
              You gotta love Texas.

Comment

It is pointless posturing. The Supremacy Clause of the Constitution clearly states that state laws cannot override federal ones.

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding."

Comment

Thank you Greenhead,
                  Seems to me we have a Supreme Court for a reason.

Comment

I think Mississippi is working on something like that.

Comment

Greenhead - Hoski
                      If Washington keeps it up maybe down the road it will be
                      the Country of Texas.

Comment

OK, so why does Colorado and Washington have laws legalizing pot usage and the Feds still say it against the law? Gay marriage? Same deal. Selective enforcement by the progressives that would not have happened 30 years ago.

Comment

Pot is still illegal in Colorado and Washington based on federal law, but the DEA has simply chosen not to prosecute it. They could certainly change their minds, though, and the fact that there is no state law against it wouldn't matter.

Marriage, on the other hand, is a state issue. There are no federal laws regulating marriage, so the feds have no dog in that fight.

Comment

Greenhead --- Wrong!

The Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) (Pub.L. 104-199, 110 Stat. 2419, enacted September 21, 1996, 1 U.S.C. § 7 and 28 U.S.C. § 1738C) is a United States federal law that defines marriage as the legal union of one man and one woman for federal and inter-state recognition purposes in the United States. The law passed both houses of Congress by large majorities and was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on September 21, 1996. Under the law, no U.S. state or political subdivision is required to recognize a same-sex marriage from another state. Section 3 of DOMA codifies the non-recognition of same-sex marriages for all federal purposes, including insurance benefits for government employees, Social Security survivors' benefits, immigration, and the filing of joint tax returns.

Comment

Hoski,

You are most correct, sir. I will await with bated breath to see how this one pans out with the Supremes!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad