Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

there is no ammo, anywhere. and the price has skyrocketed on ammo that is in stock. i buy 7.62x39 that was 4$ now its 7$ (for 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is no ammo, anywhere. and the price has skyrocketed on ammo that is in stock. i buy 7.62x39 that was 4$ now its 7$ (for 20

there is no ammo, anywhere. and the price has skyrocketed on ammo that is in stock. i buy 7.62x39 that was 4$ now its 7$ (for 20 rounds). anyoneelse seeing this?

everyone is seeing this, basically any ammo that can feed an AR is sold out and whats left is jacked up in price...give it a month or two, people will begin restocking the shelves. as long as barack doesnt come after the ammo it should go back to normal.

Comment

Everything is high right now. I heard at a gun show besides being swamped, .223 ammo was a $1 a round.

Comment

Sadly, even reloading components, most notably powder and primers, are also scarce and expensive.
        With looming ammo purchase background checks like in NY, don't expect ammo there to become anymore available anytime soon.

Comment

Cant find a .223 die or 25-06 die anywhere thats not on back order. Luckily already have dies for 223, just need bullets got shells, primers, and powder

Comment

...and the "unorganized militia" (able bodied males 18 to 45 years of age) continues to arm itself!
            It's now larger, in numbers, than the military and "organized militia" (Nat'l Guard) combined. A quite formidable force I'd say.

Comment

I used buy a couple boxes of shells every time I go to town. Now I try to buy a couple thousand rounds. I have been pretty lucky so far finding bulk .223 and only a few stores around here have jacked up their prices to a considerable degree.

Comment

Bubba, and just think about all the military guys who stand with the Constitution (which I believe is a good many) and hey, we've got some pretty good numbers!

Comment

In any "crisis situation" there will always be profiteers. During the recent storm Sandy there was a guy selling Pizza for 10 dollars a slice. No lie.

Comment

Oh, to be wise enough to buy plywood and bottled water BEFORE the hurricane! Same deal.

Comment

Lots of ammo and loading stuff on the shelves up here. I am surprised the prices haven't moved either. I guess there's no point in raising them. Most of the retailers are not moving much inventory right now (it's -20 outside!) and don't expect to until next fall. They'll wait it out. Smart move! I haven't seen an AR on the shelves around here in either of the gun shops for a long time. I believe they are still legal in Canada (extended magazines aren't) but never were very popular here. They got quite a black eye when some farmer in Alberta who was pushing drugs on the side shot and killed four Mounties with one about four or five years ago. A lot of unanswered questions about how that could have happened (the killer eventually shot and killed himself after killing all four cops that showed up to serve the warrant). I don't recall any backlash on ARs. If there was one it didn't raise much flap in the media.

I guess my advice to you guys down there is if you don't need the ammo, don't buy it now. Hunting season is over for almost everyone and paper targets aren't going to decompose in just a few months. No sense in feeding the fire that's making some guys rich (no doubt because they are feeding it with media speculation). You'll be able to get your stuff later, no problem. And from the sounds of it prices can only go down.

Comment

Been trying to spend my Cabela's Club points and every magazine (not even hi-cap) or ammo I look up is out of stock, backordered, or just unavailable for the forseeable future. Now it isn't a matter of shopping for a good price, but just finding a stock on hand. Fortunately I keep a good supply in the bunker, but I have a new caliber to stock pile for.

Comment

SD,

Like I have been saying since before Barry Soetero was elected in 2008, be a Boy Scout....Be Prepared! All this rush to hoarding just puts the ammo manufacturers in the drivers seat and pushes up prices. Just how many rounds does one need to hunt and defend hearth and home? I think I have a good idea on how many rounds I could possibly use until the air strike comes rolling in. The number needs to be no more than one can carry IMO.

Comment

Hi...

Have you tried looking on-line? My almost daily catalogs from The Sportsman's Guide (for example) always have ads for a variety of ammo...also on-line from them.

Comment

Ga hunter
                              Without a doubt, sir! But let me say that I've already been chastised by two different posters that the "unorganized" militia wouldn't stand a "snow flakes chance in hell "
                              I believe one stated it couldn't stand up to even the military of "Lithuania"!
                              Well over a million hunting license sold annually across the US. A big percentage of that group are retired military or did a "hitch" anyway. I'd say there's enough military experience around to do a pretty good job of "organizin" the "unorganized"!
                              I suppose they forget that Washington's army didn't stand alone! Lots of freedom hungry, rag tag farmers and merchants showed their "mettle" in their own way!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad