Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im looking at investing in a BLR in 300 win mag, does anyone have one of these rifles? what is everyones thoughts on it for a le

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im looking at investing in a BLR in 300 win mag, does anyone have one of these rifles? what is everyones thoughts on it for a le

Im looking at investing in a BLR in 300 win mag, does anyone have one of these rifles? what is everyones thoughts on it for a lever gun?

I have a BLR/Mod 81-in 243W, the same Lever Gun in 300Win Mag WILL kick like a mule, I have a used one New Model in 7mm/Rem-Mag that is a Hard Sell It Kicks so hard, Test fire-it be for you buy it!
    Good Luck.

Comment

I have a BLR in a 325 WSM. It is in Stainless with soft touch Camo. Nice gun to carry with fast follow-up shots when needed. I use 200 grn. nosler tips. It shoots 1" MOA. The only thing I did not like was the trigger. It does adjust if you have the right tool, I made mine. Still I didn't like the trigger so I took it to a gumsmith. He polished and ajusted it to about 3.5# pull and good let off. Now the kick, it is a light rifle that can be carried with ease. So, it does "kick" more than a .308 win. does at the same weight. But, to tell you the truth, I never notice when hunting. I do know that my turkey gun with heavy loads kicks more. But in the excitement, I don't notice that either.

Comment

I had one in .308 that i liked and it shot real good. How long is the barrel you are looking at?
        I think the .300win mag is going to have a big kick and a lot of muzzle blast.

Comment

I will probably have it ordered from the factory by my gun shop, so a 24' most likely

Comment

*inch my mistake

Comment

o.k., 24" should be good. My .308 was a lot shorter, maybe 20"

Comment

A magnum lever gun? Fast follow up shots? Why? Those lever guns kick like a rented Georgia mule due to the stock design and weight. Scoped lever rifles are one of the few things as useless as the U.S. Congress. A standard caliber should be more than adequate for the type of hunting befitting a lever action....unscoped.

Comment

if i was purchasing a .300 win mag it would be in a solid bolt action platform, not in a lever gun.

Comment

Some folks just want something different, you pays your money and your gets what you want. I think PAShooter has the trigger part figured out as that was the piece of a BLR that I never liked and don't see how any rifleman could find the factory version appealing. That said I personally would only consider a bolt gun for a magnum.

Comment

I once saw a BAR (the Browning commercial hunting rifle not the military warhorse) rebarreled in .458 Win. The owner said that it functioned as intended but I did not see him shoot it. Interesting toy but not worth much else.

Comment

I have a 2013 BLR 300 win mag withe the Brazilian walnut stock and forestock and its the stainless finish, its a beautiful rifle and that's just a plus. This rifle is amazing if levers are your thing! Between my stepdad and brother we all have a BLR! 270 short mag and the 243 breakdown! They both went laminent but all 3 of is absolutely satisfied with them! But the 300 win mag is great cause I can hunt any game I want and most times in not chasing or tracking my kill! I went with real wood cause it adds some weight for the recoil! Great Gun!

Comment

And yeah I did order my exactly how I wanted cause if your going to drop that kind of cash better be exactly what you want! But like I said before think there's pro's and cons when it comes to blots or levers so I'd try to shot both before making decisions! I personally like quick follow up shots cause did some boar hunting in California and never know if you shot one there's usually another close! And I found my BLR to be consistently accurate!

Comment

Great lever gun!

Comment

Originally posted by AmyQuinn View Post
                              Great lever gun!
                              I had the BLR in .308 and liked it very much. It was the original 1980 Belgium made. Easy to carry and accurate enough for deer hunting in the Adirondacks. The bolt has a rotary lock up which strengthens the action and adds to the accuracy.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad