Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best wihitetail deer rifle for under $1000

what is the best wihitetail deer rifle for under $1000

I have always had good luck with Brownings. Have not tried the new x-bolt, but love the a-bolt. Rangesin price from 700 and up. Usually

Comment

I've got the A-bolt with the B.O.S.S. on it and I love it. It a .300 Win. Mag.(little big for white-tails). I'd sick with .308/.30-06, or .25-06. As for your question. Browning,Remington,Winchester(used/under $1000) all would be good choices.

Comment

I have 3 winchester model 70(.243,,270, and 7 mag) and absolutly love them!!

Comment

Sako A7 is about as good as it gets for under a grand, but if you need wood, check out the T/C Icon.

Comment

Remington 700 BDL for around $800.

Comment

Ruger M77 270, 243, 25-06, 30-06 etc. Remington 700.

Comment

30-6 or a 25-6 rifle

Comment

You can get a Savage 14/114 with a quality scope for about or under a grand. It will shoot nearly m.o.a., and it's the only goodlooking gun Savage makes. It will be monet well spent

Comment

I'm with the Browning fans. My A-Bolt with the BOSS has never failed me. Mine is a .270, it has less recoil than my .243 and shoots sub-MOA with a variety of factory ammo.

Comment

All these are good choices. One note, if you want to fiddle with it over your life time by adding triggers, barrels, stocks, etc. The Rem 700 is actually a pretty good choice because of the tremendous number of aftermarket accessories. Mainly though, you will have to feel them and stick with something you truly love. It may last you a lifetime and you should love it from day one. These are all good but only you know what you love the most. If I only had one, it would be a 25-06.

Comment

I have owned most of the above at one time or another. All are nice rifles but my favorite is a Kimber mdl 8400 classic in 25-06. They run a little over a 1000 but you get really nice wood and a trigger that is excellent. Think pre-64 modl 70 winchester updated and with better wood. It's not only a good hunting rifle you never get tired of holding and admiring your baby. I have seen these new in box for under $1000 on Gunbroker.com. Bought mine at Cabela's when I had a coupon for $150 worth of accessories. Used that for dies, brass and bullets.

Comment

At 100 yards ,the Marlin 336 in 30-30 is a sweet gun,at a very affordable price. I still cant leave my Ruger m77 30.06 at home .

Comment

alright thanks for all the answers all think about which to get. I have loved my Brownings and Remingtons.

Comment

Agreed with teufelhunden and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad