Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is your favorite gun that you own and why is it your favorite.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is your favorite gun that you own and why is it your favorite.

what is your favorite gun that you own and why is it your favorite.

Shiloh Sharps 45-70. Because it's built like a Swiss watch, has beautiful wood and is very accurate.

Comment

Handguns: My S&W 6inch Stainless 7 shot .357, always with me in the woods, accurate, and has never failed me.

Rifle: Tikka T3 light .243 Win. My go to gun most of the year, takes everything from small varmints with 55grain ballistic tips to big game with 95 grain partitions. I zero with the varmint loads and at 100 yards the partitions are only off by about 1 1/2 inches. I only pack another rifle during elk season when I go with the .300 Win.

Comment

a model 740 remington 30.06. It's my favorite because i inheritted it from my great grandpa and its like 60 years old. Its very sentimental to me.

Comment

My Winchester pre-64 Mod. 70, .270. My Grandpa gave it to me, and I shot my first buck w/it. The stock looks like hell, and the blueing is worn off in several spots, but the thing is a killing machine. It also shoots 3 shot groups you can cover w/a nickel @ 100', with the cheapest Win. ammo no less. Not bad for a gun made in the 1950's! I wouldn't sell it for $10,000.

Comment

buck hunter17,
            If you've read my posts and talk with Dave P. you may think 30-06 is the only gun that should be owned. Not true. I love them because they aren't the best caliber but the most versatile. But you asked what's my favorite gun I own and it's still my .35 Rem Marlin made in early 60's with a beautiful black walnut stock, oiled not stained. The distance we take shots in Missouri is perfect for it. If I can borrow a phrase from a fellow blogger it 'Bang Flops' whitetail faster than my 06. They go down. Within 100 yds of course.

Comment

Mine is a custom M98 Mauser. I saved for two years when I was in school to get started on this project rifle. I chambered it in 25-06 Improved with a 27" varmint barrel and got all the parts put together. I whittled on the best chunk of walnut I could afford for three months for a far out stock. It shot like a banchee and I wailed on prarie dogs and coyotes. I took it to standard 25-06 Rem a few years after they became available when it was time for barrel #2 and later barrel #3. A few years ago, I was given a nice 25-06 and I didn't need two so I had old Betsy rebarrelled in .300 Dakota for 600 to 1,000 yard shooting. This rifle comes in at 12 pounds and I keep loving it more every day. The .300's best group has been a little under a tenth of an inch with most under .250" if I don't get to shakey. I still love the speed, crossing 4,000 fps wtih the 110 grain bullets. I am going to have it buried with me (or give it to my son if he continues to make me proud). I think what makes you fall in love with a rifle is that it not only impresses you but has served as a faithful companion for many years building up a ton of good memories.

Comment

That depends, I love my pigieon grade Win M 12 for trap @ pheasants, my WGerman 7mm WBY for every thing else and if I am in the mood I'll take out my 3in M12 for ducks once in a while.

Comment

SAVAGE Model 99 in .300 SAVAGE. My Dad gave it to me over 30 yrs ago and He had it for at least 20. It still looks, handles and shoots like it's supposed to.. Here in NH most guys use lever guns cuz the woods are deep -- also have a favorite MARLIN 336 in .35 REM that is also keen on Whitetails. Spending more time at the range than I used to and will buy a bolt gun. Maybe a new model 70 in .308 WIN.

Comment

I forgot my new 375HH the damn thing is a blast shoot all day gonna put a old Lyman Alaskan 2 1/2 power on it and hunt with it this year.

Comment

i cant say i have a favorite, like all my guns.i have ones i use for differant things and differant places i hunt. the pistol i carry concealed most often is a s&w j frame 38+p model642.

Comment

My favorite gun I have now is my 1894 Marlin chambered in 44 magnum. It is my favorite because I killed my first deer with it. And it is very beutiful and extremely accurate for a 44 magnum. I also like it because it is a "44 Magnum!"

Comment

My favorite rifle and the one I have in my truck every day of my life is a Winchester model 61m. This is a well make 22 Magnum pump. I have used this rifle for so long its more like a friend than a tool. With win 40 gr. jhp I can count on this rifle to hit exactly where aimed. This rifle hates a fouled barrel and I put a dry patch through after shooting even a few rounds and clean after every 40 rounds.

Comment

My favorite rifle and the one I have in my truck every day of my life is a Winchester model 61m. This is a well make 22 Magnum pump. I have used this rifle for so long its more like a friend than a tool. With win 40 gr. jhp I can count on this rifle to hit exactly where aimed. This rifle hates a fouled barrel and I put a dry patch through after shooting even a few rounds and clean after every 40 rounds.

Comment

It's difficult to single out one (1) firearm; however, at this writing (and based on frequency of use), my favorite rimfire is a Ruger M77/22M in .22 Magnum, my favorite centerfire is a Winchester Model 70 Lightweight Carbine in .250 Savage, my favorite shotgun is a Rem 870 12 gauge, and my favorite sidearm is a Kimber Custom II .45ACP.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                                by franchi20
                                I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of who...
                                Today, 07:40 PM
                              • Debate #2: new rules
                                by FirstBubba
                                New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                                The "Biden Campaign"!...
                                10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                              • Reply to What's after Trump?
                                by franchi20
                                Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                                Today, 07:34 PM
                              • What's after Trump?
                                by FirstBubba
                                No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                                There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                                Today, 01:46 PM
                              • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                                by fitch270
                                The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                                Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X