Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you shoot a 25-06 out of a 30-06 gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you shoot a 25-06 out of a 30-06 gun?

can you shoot a 25-06 out of a 30-06 gun?

i ment can you shoot a 25-06 cartrage out of a 30-06 gun. sorry for the mix up.

Comment

Yes and NO !!!.
      Yes, the shell will fit in a rifle. DO NOT DO THIS !!!!
      IT WOULD BE VERY DANGEROUS,I say again DO NOT DO THIS !
      It could cause the barrel to blow up, among other things. Stuff that could SEVERLY hurt or even KILL YOU ! So I say again. DO NOT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No absolutely not. Do not try this.

Comment

No!!!!!!

Comment

how do you have 4 stars and not know this?

Comment

NO!!!!!!!! Do not do this.

Comment

I think that it is almost humorous that you people quickly say no, but do not offer any explanation. I have a general idea why, and i would never do it, but i would like to know all the knitty-gritty details.

Nate

Comment

he may have posted a ton of pictures. NOOOO!!!! if the barrel does not say 25-06 caliber, don't use a 25-06 caliber bullet. come on man, you know this.

Comment

No. The bullet is too small for the barrel bore, and will 'bounce' down the barrel. Could seriously damage your rifling. If you'd never do it, why waste time asking?

Comment

Can you use a 1/4" bolt in a 3/8” NUT?

Comment

HE'S YOUNG GUYS ! Lets at least give him credit for ASKING instead of just trying it out.
                        The only stupid question is one not asked.

Comment

No, absolutely not. Never fire any ammo in a firearm if the head stamp on the cartridge case does not match the chamber marking on the barrel.

Comment

I was curious when I was your age too. Best to ask rather than just try it. The brass is the same size for both rounds so 25-06 cases will fit in the chamber of the 30-06. DON'T TRY IT but if you were to fire the round it would typically push the .25 caliber bullet down the .30 caliber bore at a much reduced velocity and blow the neck of the 25-06 brass out to the size of the 30-06 chamber. However, because of the significant mismatch in the bullet diameters, terribly bad things could happent causing the barrel to blow up and perhaps kill the shooter. These rifles have way to much chamber pressure to experiment... you have to treat them with caution so although such things are occassionally possible, it is not wise to experiment.

Comment

When I was young, I tried loading steel ball bearings in a shot shell and firing the load thru my Dads Lefever single shot shotgun. Ruined the gun.
                              I wish I had asked questions first.
                              Like Big O says, there are no stupid questions.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad