Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going off the "one gun" questions, what is next to your bed or in the nightstand. We all have them so what are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A light, an alarm clock , cell phone and a good book. However my clothes dresser nearby has a S&W 637 38 Special +P loaded with 125 grain Winchester Silver Tip Hollow Points in the top drawer.

Comment

The only firearm I do not have locked in a safe is a muzzleloader.

Comment

A couple of books and an alarm clock on one side and HQ (my wife) on the other.

Comment

I always sleep better knowing my 12ga Defender is 6ft away in my safe ready to go!

Comment

My side: baretta 9mm, 38 derringer, 12 guage 870 marine magnum 00 buckshot
            Wifes side: taurus 9mm
            Foot of the bed: 110# Doberman

Comment

I have a 9 right next to the bed. A strong 9 iron. My kids are 3 and 6, so i need to leave'm in the safe. Hopefully i can fight off an intruder while my wife gets the Glock or the BPS. They are close.

Comment

12" tanto on night stand but I haven't got far to reach .410,,44 mag, 12ga within arms reach. If somebody gets into my house before I can stop them they can have whatever they want. But nobody has made it thus far to even be worried about it. Left all my fears and worries in Nam where they belonged. Only fear I have now is GOD.

Comment

a pardner 12 ga and a sig in .40.

Comment

i have a 45 pound brittany at the foot of my bed. if thats not enough ill take a swing with my les paul.

Comment

.22 Spanish made Star semi-auto. Sawed off 12 gauge with buckshot.

Comment

Ibuprofen for my bummed shoulder, Tums for heartburn, Petersens Four Wheel and Offroad mags, Maglite flashlight, and a good lookin brunette on the other side. I'm in the same boat as steve182, so all of mine are in the safe too.

Comment

I got a Remington 870 express magnum to the right of me.

Comment

Sig 229, .40 S&W

Comment

I got an 870 express magnum to the left of me with turkey shells in it.

Comment

Taurus 9mm with the magazine halfway in it, on my side of the bed. I figure our 7-year-old is not strong enough to slam the magazine in the rest of the way and rack the slide, not to mention she knows better than to ever touch it in the first place. So this keeps it accessible and it would be ready to fire pretty quickly in an emergency. Mossberg 500 is across the room on Hub's side of the bed. It would take a little longer to grab it and load it.

The Taurus 9mm would not be my ideal choice of home defense weapon, but it's what we have.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad