Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi, i inherited a mauser cal. 270 that is over 50 years old. it has been handed down from father to son and now to me. i would l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi, i inherited a mauser cal. 270 that is over 50 years old. it has been handed down from father to son and now to me. i would l

hi, i inherited a mauser cal. 270 that is over 50 years old. it has been handed down from father to son and now to me. i would like to know if i need to register that firearm. and what i need to do. i believe we do not have the original registration because it was bought so long ago and has been handed down the family. i live in california. any help will help thanks

This really depends on if you are a Liberal. As for me even though everyone says that it is a good idea to register a firearm, I will not, nor will most people in Texas. It is nice to own a Gun knowing that if something ever does happen that you will never have to surrender it or pay taxes on it. I would recommend that if you would like to register something. Register yourself in the NRA. That helps keep our second amendment. ????? ???? (Come and Take Them)

Comment

Don't register. Fight the power.

Comment

Always have one gun the government doesn't know about.

Comment

No you do not.

Comment

mlutteroth
            Far as I know, Californication doesn’t require any registration as of yet for a bolt action rifles. Coming soon if you folks let it!

Comment

Under the radar means off the radar, keep it that way.

Comment

I don't know if the laws have changed in 12 years, but it was not necessary to register rifles when I lived in California. If that does change, I expect it'll be a requirement in New York, Massachusetts or California before it spreads elsewhere.

Comment

If you get caught w/ it, Play dumb!

Comment

Mlutterroth,
                    By all means, keep a personal (photo supported) record of the rifle and serial number for insurance purposes or in case you're a burglary victim, but I frankly don't believe you have to register a rifle in California and I'd ask a local gun shop or a deputy sheriff about it. I lived in Orange County for 25+ years, belonged to a gun club that lost its lease to developers in 1996, but it wasn't a requirement to register rifles.
                    By the way, I own a few Mauser rifles (M98 variants) that were produced between World Wars I and II, and they age very well if they receive the care they deserve. Enjoy your rifle. The .270 is a fine cartridge, and I hope this rifle serves you well. The family history can only enhance its personal value to you.

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to When will the COVID-19 pandemic end?
                        by rock rat
                        The pandemic will end when active cases drop to a low enough point that there is no longer community spread. Virus won't be gone, but the pandemic will...
                        Today, 07:23 AM
                      • When will the COVID-19 pandemic end?
                        by FirstBubba
                        November 4, 2020
                        08-13-2020, 11:25 PM
                      • Reply to Crickets !!
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        Rock, I agree with some of your points, however I read nothing in your words that gave a sound approach to ‘getting’ our diverse population on the...
                        Today, 07:01 AM
                      • Crickets !!
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        Some time ago, I asked our liberal/progressive ‘friends’ on the site to give just one item on the D’s agenda that would benefit the American people...
                        08-13-2020, 05:27 PM
                      • Reply to Crickets !!
                        by Pmacc60
                        To compare the society’s of China , Singapore and Taiwan to the US is pointless! Completely different cultures, it is darn near impossible to have a...
                        Today, 06:14 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X