Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are awesome

Comment

I have had mixed feelings for years ever since I bought a Model 21. On the plus side the pistol is accurate and reliable. Glocks are tough as nails even if filled with dirt and/or water. There is a model (18?) that is designed to fire submerged in case anyone ever needed to do it for some reason. The pistol disassembles and goes back togather easy enough. Newcomers to the pistol world seem to learn the operation and safe handling of a Glock quickly. Most Glocks carry and hide rather easily as they are available in many sizes and all pistol calibers. On the negative the grip is way too wide for my hand. I have to shift my hold to reach any controls. The casehead is less supported than many pistols supposedly resulting in the KA-BOOMS you sometimes encounter at the range. The polygonal rifling often does not handle lead bullets very well. The grip safety on the XD is an improvement. I have heard of people shoving a Glock into their pocket or pants with something encountering the trigger causing the weapon to fire. I have never personally seen this happen or spoken with anyone that has witnessed this situation so I often wonder if it is not just somebody's theory. Personally I can't envision the Glock being less safe than a double action revolver with a slick trigger.
      That said I am still a 1911 man by preference.

Comment

I like a Glock I carried a 22C on duty and a 21 off duty. the 21 is big and heavy, I like the compacts better. I have since moved on to a Springfield XD 45 and like it as much or more than a Glock.

Comment

They are reliable, sturdy pistols. I don't like them personally only because of their aesthetics but then all the police departments that use them as duty weapons can't be wrong. The only improvement I would like to see is a second strike capability for the firing pin whereby the trigger can recock the striker in the event of a misfire. Many of the newer striker fired pistols have this feature.

Comment

Love mine.

Comment

seem to be pretty reliable.

Comment

Love my model 23.

Comment

my brother and I both have glocks, and we tested them harder than glock does.we have both been in combat at different times,and don't trust weapons that we havn't tested ourselves. Over 2500 rounds fired ,no cleaning , and no missfires..outstanding results.needless to say we trust Glock with our lives...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad