Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone got some comments/feedback on the savage 11GL in 7mm 08?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone got some comments/feedback on the savage 11GL in 7mm 08?

Has anyone got some comments/feedback on the savage 11GL in 7mm 08?

Savage builds a good solid and above all accurate rifle. The accutrigger available on that model is also one of the best owner adjustable triggers to come down the road yet.

The 11 GL is their economy short action model with a hard wood stock. My only complaint about the GL's I've handled is the shaping of the wood stock. It is or was some what square and awkward feeling to me. The geometry is off if you will... I understand that as of this year the GL stocks will be shaped on the same machinery that the new American classic models are milled on. This would correct said complaint.

As for the chambering I really like the 7mm-08. It is a great cartridge for short action rifles. There are a wide variety of component bullets available and factory ammo is also available in a decent selection. Every Wally World I have been in has a decent suppy of 7mm-08 ammo. My wife shoots a Browning Micro Hunter in 7-08. She loves the cartridge (and the rifle). She is recoil sensitive and handles 140 grain factory and hand loads with ease in this light weight gun! She has shot eveything from varmints to deer to wild hogs with the 7-08 with great success.

Being a lefty I am some what partial to and thankful for Savage as they one of the few companies with a broad selection of left hand rifles. I have a Savage 16FLHSS on order in 7-08 and look forward to its arrival. I own several other Savage rifles invarious configurations. Like any gun one can always find a fault, however Savage rifles have always been very accurate and forgiving of abuse.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to take a serious look at this rifle.

Cheers!

Comment

Great gun!!!

Comment

Excellent gun for sure!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad