Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What scope should I use for a .270? I want one that has good zoom for long shots but also under 200 bucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What scope should I use for a .270? I want one that has good zoom for long shots but also under 200 bucks.

What scope should I use for a .270? I want one that has good zoom for long shots but also under 200 bucks.

Sometimes you get what you pay for, besides ascope is a one time buy! I would go with the Sightron 3x9x42

Comment

oh boy. you know theres a magazine that sells very powerful tactical and traditional scopes for cheap. ill give you their website - http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/scopes-scopes.aspx?c=134&s=6&dc=1192&ra=false&search=GO im sure you get the magazine. a lot of people do anyways.

Comment

i used to get it but not any more

Comment

A good scope is definately worth the money, for under $200 I would go with Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40. You can get these with a bullet drop reticle on e-bay for $177. For about $202 you can pick up a leupold VX-I 3-9x40 with a duplex reticle.

Comment

You can get a leupold rifleman 3-9x40 for $200 if you search and wait for a sale.

Comment

Nikon Prostaff is another good choice. Around $159 -179.00. 3x9x40
              The bdc reticle is nice but a .270 properly sighted in will not require holdover at any reasonable range. A lot of people talk about 300+ yard shots but you aren't as likely to encounter them as a lot of people will have you believe. Much less make one unless you practice at long range.

Comment

You have plenty of time to save a few more $ before hunting season. Suggest you do so and follow Cly's suggestion or get a Leupold VX2 or VX3 (my favorite). You can save by buying on ebay.

Comment

That's Clay's suggestion.

Comment

3-10*50 is a good scope for a .270. Leupold, Nikon or Burris are good brands to go with.

Comment

I like 3.5x10. I like Leupold VXII and VXIII but they may cost you up to $300-400 if you get lucky on ebay but they will allow you to get everything out of that .270 that it has to offer. I'm with Clay, put a little more on the scope and you will use it for a lifetime worry free and accuracy is everthing to me. I buy mine used with no worry. You could get by with a Nikon or Burris as rabbit said if you have to.

Comment

A 50mm objective is over the top. You won't notice any more light gathering. What you will notice is that you have to mount your scope higher for it to fit. The lower a scope is to the rifle the better.

The Nikon Buckmasters 3-9x40 is excellent and around 200 bucks. Petzal reviews it quite favorably, and mine is great. Solid finger adjustments (no dimes), holds zero well, takes a beating. Tested it on a .375 H&H. It's on a very light .30-06 now. This is the only low end scope I would recommend. I wouldn't even recommend the Leupold Rifleman. I would definitely recommend the VX-I, but you'll probably have to save a little more money, because even though these guys say you can get one for 200, I've never seen a new one for that price anywhere.

Comment

Go with the luepold vx1 3-9. I have seen them on sale in that $200. pricerange in a couple catalogs and online.

Comment

BSA makes a pretty good scope for under $200.00 with all the options yuor looking for. Good luck and good hunting.

Comment

Agreed with steve182 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Another New Upper
                                by jhjimbo
                                What kind of powder was your friend using and didn't he ever clean it ?...
                                Today, 01:16 PM
                              • Another New Upper
                                by DakotaMan
                                Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
                                Today, 12:54 PM
                              • Reply to Another New Upper
                                by FirstBubba
                                Smooth lookin' AR D'Man!
                                Let us know how it shoots. 😃!
                                Today, 01:12 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                I have the mad canadian blocked, all I know is he should get an apt. with a Psychiatrist.
                                He should get a life, shooting geese and pheasant do not...
                                Today, 01:11 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X