Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please fill me in on the difference(s) between the Remington 700 and the 770?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please fill me in on the difference(s) between the Remington 700 and the 770?

Can someone please fill me in on the difference(s) between the Remington 700 and the 770?

basically the quality....all you need to do is hold the two and you can tell the difference. The stock does not feel near as nice. The bolt is not great. It feels cheap IMO

Comment

700 = good
      770 = crap

Comment

770 is a cheap rifle and it shows in the quality, the 700 is a proven quality gun that will last a lifetime

Comment

Just like many have already mentioned the 770 is the cheaply made value Remington. I am not sure on machining technique but comparing one next to the other reveals how #?*!y the 770s are. If you take into consideration many of the custom built rifles by GA Precision, Surgeon, and Borden Rifles, they all blue print (copy) the 700 action which is a great compliment to the action design.

Comment

770 is a p.o.s. Save the money and buy a 700 or a better rifle

Comment

I was looking at cabelas.com the other day and was wondering the same thing, figured that was it but wasnt sure. thanks for the question and the answer guys.

Comment

The receiver is not all steel and the barrel is pressed in, not threaded. There are other better made alternatives in that price point.

Comment

If you can't afford the 700 I'd go with a Savage 110. It's a lot better than the 770.

Comment

The 770 is an attempt to place a high profit, low tech, low manuifacturing cost option on the market. Remington has had several iterations of the gun on the market all failures. They now call the 770 something else. I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole. Big green needs to forget it!

Comment

I work the gun counter at Dunham's Sports and I have heard nothing but bad things about the 770. There is a reason we have them on sale twice a month for $290.

Comment

I work the gun counter at Dunham's Sports and I have heard nothing but bad things about the 770. There is a reason we have them on sale twice a month for $290.

Comment

Comment

Thanks, i was thinking about geting one but, not a chance anymore!

Comment

I got a 770 for Christmas last year. I would prefer the 700 much more of course, but for me, its alright. I don't need sub MOA groups with my deer rifle, and I'm not picky about the bolt so much. If you're looking for something else, I've heard good things about the Savage Axis, but don't take my word for it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad